We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen's Weekend in Canberra

Sydney
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hen's Weekend in Canberra

Hello :)

Myself and 2 other bridesmaids are planning a hen's in Canberra in January.

There will be 16 women (26-30yrs plus a couple of mums)

Does anyone have advice on reasonably priced apartments...So far we've seen the Pinnacle Apartments that have 4 bedrooms (sleeps 8)

We're going to do high tea at Cafe Societea....

Does anyone have any vineyard/wine tour recommendations?? Or other activity suggestions...

Thanks in advance!!

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,335 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen's Weekend in Canberra

Sorry I can't make any suggestions regarding your specific queries from personal experience, but I thought I'd bump this query up in case someone else can. And here are some links that might be useful.

canberrawines.com.au/visitor_information/Gui…

www.canberradaytours.com.au/WineryTours.php

Canberra
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
434 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen's Weekend in Canberra

Ummm .... have you checked out the accommodation recommendation on the "hotels" area? Even though it calls itself a hotel - Aria at Dickson is more like self-contained apartments. Not near Societea - but if you all have cars then you'll be fine.

Canberra
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen's Weekend in Canberra

I haven't been to Societea, but they have good reviews. Some of the other restaurants at the Griffith shops are pretty good too.

If you dont do high tea at Societea, can highly recommend the high tea at the Hyatt - have been there many times. Love the outdoor tables under the verandah during summer.

Poacher's pantry within the Murrumbateman wine region has awesome food and is a great place to spend a few hours.

http://www.poacherspantry.com.au/

These guys do winery tours, but haven't used them.

canberraregionpremiumtours.com.au/index.htm

You could also charter your own tour through Murray's buses. Some friends of mine did this recently and had a great day.

http://www.murrays.com.au/default.aspx

Canberra
Level Contributor
25 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen's Weekend in Canberra

I stayed at The Pinnacle Apartments for my hens also. Don't. The place was filthy, some of the beds sunk right through to the slats and it was just a pain in the bum. Stay elsewhere.

5. Re: Hen's Weekend in Canberra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Canberra