We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour to snowy mountain from Canberra

S'pore
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day tour to snowy mountain from Canberra

Hi,

I will be in Canberra from 21 to 23 Mar 14. Can anyone recommend a reliable tour operator that does day tour to snowy mountain from Canberra?

Pls help n thanks in advance.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour to snowy mountain from Canberra

Do you want to see snow? There are day trips during winter but I'm not sure about other times.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,094 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tour to snowy mountain from Canberra

If you want to see snow, it is very unlikely that there will be snow in May. The main snow times are late June to early October.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tour to snowy mountain from Canberra

Capital Touring Services: canberradaytours.com.au/SnowyMountainsSummer… offer both summer AND winter day tours to the gorgeous Snowy Mountains. A beautiful place to visit both Summer and Winter. It actually snowed here last week so you never know when you might see snow!

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tour to snowy mountain from Canberra

Just trying to be realistic, I also found that website but was waiting to see if OP clarified the purpose of the question, the website says >>These tours operate as required to meet booking requests<< so I wouldn't assume there will necessarily be one on the day you want, and although I've seen snow from a plane even in December I think I've only once seen small distant patches when walking in summer. Having said all that, it IS a beautiful place to visit in the warmer months. We just don't want the OP to have a negative experience due to any erroneous expectations. So Kosenrufu, waiting for your clarification . .

5. Re: Day tour to snowy mountain from Canberra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Canberra