We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 questions about The Fish Shack

Which Canberra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 questions about The Fish Shack

1) How long does it take for food to be ready on a Wed evening? We're coming from the War Memorial by ACTION bus after the Last Post ceremony finishes at 1715, and need to catch a Greyhound bus to Sydney leaving at 1900 (check-in at 1840). My guess is that we'll need to take-away...

2) How far is it to walk from the Fish Shack to the Greyhound bus station? We expect to have overnight bags and maybe a small suitcase between the 2 of us.

3) Is it possible to order kids meal (the fish & chips is what I'm after) if there're no kids?! Just don't have a big appetite and would prefer to order a bigger variety to share with my friend, that's all.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 questions about The Fish Shack

Sorry, our Greyhound bus is at 2000 not 1900. So, check-in is at 1940. Maybe we can eat-in after all?

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
310 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 questions about The Fish Shack

Hi Elyse

The Fish Shack is about 3 blocks from the City Bus Interchange. If you are catching the bus from the War Memorial, you will disembark in East Row, one block from Northbourne Avenue where the Murrays Terminal is located.

Fish Shack is in the opposite direction from Northbourne Avenue on Bunda Street. The quickest way to walk is through Petrie Plaza, which is the pedestrian only street area in the City Centre. It would only be a 5 minute walk on paved footpaths. You should walk till you reach the Canberra Centre (a large shopping mall), where a large Merry Go Round is located, then turn left, walk the one block to Bunda Street, and the Fish Shack is on the corner.

The Merry Go Round (or Carousel) is currently undergoing renovations, so it will be surrounded by a fence.

You shouldn't have any problems ordering a Kid's meal, but as far as I know they don't have the different chili or lemongrass options on the kids meals.

3. Re: 3 questions about The Fish Shack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 07:15