We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
337 reviews
Save Topic
Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

Hello,

I'm looking for a reliable shuttle/transfer company from SYD airport to Central Coast (Berkeley Vale). We've previously used Central Coast Airport Shuttles, and were very satisfied but they're fully booked for the day and time of our arrival from Europe (dec. 30th early morning). If you have good personal experiences with other companies operating on this route, I'll be very happy to know about them! Thanks in advance.

Oz
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

Hi,

Shuttle companies are highly variable. With your arrival and end destination points I would:

1. Rent a car.

2. Catch the train (you have to change trains at Central Station from the Airport Line to the Central Coast Line) and then a taxi.

Cheers,

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

Hi,

As a Central Coast local I would endorse OZRCFLYER's suggestion re trains - yes, you have to change at Central which IMHO is a better option to a shuttle where you may get a guided tour of Central Coast, e.g be last off on a crowded shuttle.

Train to Tuggerah station then taxi or relatives pick up.

Have a great trip !

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

Thank you both, OZRCFLYER and Vada. I never think at the train; this option seems excellent in this case. Rental car wouldn't be an option because it has to be one way rental and drop off in Central Coast seems to be an issue. Apparently, there are trains running every 30 mins and the connection in Central is easy. We'll take the train then. Do you have an idea of what taxi could cost from Tuggerah station to Berkeley Vale?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

Dec 30 is an ordinary weekday so the trains from the Airport to Central will be frequent. Changing trains is straightforwrd. There are lifts between the platforms and the concourses. Trains to the Central Coast depart every 30 minutes at 15 & 45 minutes past the hour. All will stop at Tuggerah. This is the closest station to Berkley Vale.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

I have just checked the distance from Tuggerah to Berkley Vale and it appears to be about 5 kms. This being the case a taxi fare shoujld be well below $20.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

Thank you for these excellent news !

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

Another question, if I may. Is it possible to buy the ticket to Tuggerah at the airport train station?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

Yes

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

Thank you :)

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport Sydney airport to Central Coast

Tuggerah is not a large rail station - but very busy.

There may not - dependent upon time of day and demand - be a taxi waiting at the station, however, if you have your time of arrival you can pre-book on http://centralcoasttaxis.com.au - alternatively - telephone 131008 (free call) when you arrive.

Enjoy Australia (just as we love/enjoy Paris).