We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outback

Italy
Level Contributor
859 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
outback

I'm planning my trip and I selected a Mungo tour for to see some of the outback traveling from Sydney to Adelaide , I'd like to do other experience but where without car?

Any saggestion will be appreciated

I'm Free Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours
Blue Diamond Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Blue Mountains Tours
City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Oz
Level Contributor
13,621 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outback

Hi,

Uluru/Kata-Juta is the obvious one to choose with its'own airport for a short visit. If you have more time travel via Alice Springs and Kings Canyon becomes an option.

The proviso is the time of year you are visiting. The central Australian desert in summer isn't for everyone and needs sensible precautions.

Cheers,

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: outback

As it's name suggests, the 'outback' is out the back of nowhere where no one lives. That means that there will be no public transport such as buses and trains to get you there. Even if you fly to Uluru, you'll need some form of transport to get you from the resort out to the bush.

So that leaves you with only a few options - rent a car, take a tour, ride a bike or walk.

A few places where the walking wouldn't be too long would be around some of the national parks - like The Grampians in Victoria and the Dandenong Ranges. You could get a bus to Halls Gap and take some walks into the bush from there.

Edited: 27 July 2014, 23:41
Italy
Level Contributor
859 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outback

Ops sorry I have to explain better my question. This i my 4 time in OZ so I have visited all that you have mentioned in your post. I'll arrive in mid October and I'm looking for other day tour after Mungo. I found a Kayak esperience in Berri may be that could be fine, and I try to search if there are other option in National Park. As second option I could spend some days in some National Park near the east cost where I'm going too, but without car it isn't easy;-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: outback

If you are Sydney why not do the train trip to broken hill? That is very much outback country.

Italy
Level Contributor
859 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: outback

yes I'm thinking in Broken Hill too;-)

6. Re: outback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 06:15