We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffs Harbour "low-down" please

Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Coffs Harbour "low-down" please

Hi :)

I am looking for a bit of a low down on Coffs Harbour, things to do, places to see, places to avoid and also recommendations for mid range hotels centrally located.

My husband and I are spending 11 days in early January driving the coast from Sydney to Brisbane and are stopping off for 2 nights at each point... Nelsons Bay, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Byron Bay and Palm Beach.

Thanks so much!

5 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffs Harbour "low-down" please

Coffs and its surrounds is a great place but January is insane anywhere on the coast. You might want to consider taking the inland route to escape most of the crowds and some of the traffic.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffs Harbour "low-down" please

More people would go to Coffs in January if it wasn't for the crowds :-)

Coffs in January -

* Maybe book into one of the resorts for one night if you can splurge - the accommodation quality here is good, and the mid-range motels in Coffs can be a bit drab.

* See the Big Banana. it is tacky, and kitsch, but get into the spirit of it, and leave room for a choc dipped banana.

* See the hinterland, take a trip out to Bellingen Markets.

* The beaches are nicer north and south of the town. Consider even staying at Sawtell, as it is easy shooting distance to Coffs.

Skip the pet porpoise pool, and clogs, but the butterfly house is nice.

hampshire
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffs Harbour "low-down" please

wow, my names belinda too and i was about to ask the same thing as i'm going to coffs for a month starting in march 12 to see my son and his family, you just saved me the time, thank you

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffs Harbour "low-down" please

and drive to the top of the lookout on the north side of Coffs. Great view and the road up is interesting.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,207 posts
1,445 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coffs Harbour "low-down" please

Have you not read your other post ??

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255058-i121-k4693…

Reply to: Coffs Harbour "low-down" please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted