We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How hard is the Syd Bridge climb?

Sacramento
Level Contributor
154 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
How hard is the Syd Bridge climb?

We are less than two weeks and counting until we go to Australia for our honeymoon :) I was thinking that the brideg climb would be nice if the weather is good and if I get some answers from you all.

I had knee surgery 4 months ago and I was wondering how hard the climb is on knees. I am about 80% back to normal, but still can not do strenuous hikes, or running. I have been going to the gym to rebuild, but I wondered if I can still do. It will be my first time scuba diving after surgery so I am hopeful too. Dr said I can resume normal activity, but no running, skiing, etc.

So how hard is it? Is it continous climbing or do you get breaks? Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,639 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How hard is the Syd Bridge climb?

Duriing the climb you get lots of breaks..the worst part on your knew would be the ladders at the beginning and the end...I can't remeber how many rungs...why don't you give them an email and ask!

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How hard is the Syd Bridge climb?

Not very hard at all. The ladders are the hard bit. Not many of those. They just get you up onto the main bridge. I did it last year in high winds, and there was a 70 years in my group who did it no problem at all.

Matt

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How hard is the Syd Bridge climb?

There are plenty of breaks along the way - it is a very leisurely climb. As GW said, the hardest bits are at the beginning - it gets easier the higher you get and the arch flattens out. There is a small test ladder in the dressing room that you have to climb - if you can't do that then you can 'bale out'. Octogenarians do it so give it a go! It's a wonderful experience.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How hard is the Syd Bridge climb?

I'll be there in less than 2 weeks myself! I am practically jumping out of my skin in anticipation!! Think I'll try the sunset climb. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!

5. Re: How hard is the Syd Bridge climb?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 16:16