We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Accommodation - Manly to Mona Vale

Sydney
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Christmas Accommodation - Manly to Mona Vale

Hi

I'm looking to secure accommodation for professional expats returning over chrissy for 2 adults and 2 kids, self contained, up to $3K per week. Needs to be within walking distance to beach.

I've tried all the usual ozstay, accommodation manly etc apartments which are booked out.

Can anyone suggest other useful sites reflecting calendar availability ? OR know of families planning on being away and happy to rent out their place?

desperrrrate.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,431 posts
1,569 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Accommodation - Manly to Mona Vale

Have a look at Inside pages which I have written. You will find some webpages would probably help you.

Narrabeen Sands have apartments directly across the road from the beach.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255060-c53355/Sydney…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Accommodation - Manly to Mona Vale

Try Almora Property Services. PO Box 181 Mosman NSW 2088. Phone: 02 9969 8636 Mobile: 0427 200 211. I believe this company handles rentals for some fairly upmarket properties for owners who travel overseas Xmas/New Year and want short-term tenants. You may find they have more on the lower north shore. Otherwise, can you home exchange? See www.homelink.com.au.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,336 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Accommodation - Manly to Mona Vale

look at www.stayz.com for mona vale..........i just searched and 'found' 2 apartments still 'available' at Xmas.....one was called Jala

google mona vale holidays and things will come up

Sydney
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Accommodation - Manly to Mona Vale

Thanks everyone for your help. My friends had a bad experience with stayz...unofficial pricing wars seem to reign with the Chris/NY period - I suspect people are getting so desperate they're offering xtra dollars the same way they do now to beat long term rental queues for locals. Thanks again...not so desperate :-)

5. Re: Christmas Accommodation - Manly to Mona Vale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 21:18