We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Invercargill
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Shopping

We have 1 day in Sydney after a cruise and my wife wants to go shopping-without me so thats good.

What can you guys reccommend-she is looking at a big mall not to far from Darling Harbour thats got heaps of clothes shops plus crafts-soap moulds and things.

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Darling Harbour
Darling Harbour
9,293 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,742 posts
1,695 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

Have a look at this thread which i wrote for inside pages.....just click on and print out.

The first paragraph will certainly suit your wife. Pitt Street CBD.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255060-s405/Sydney:A…

Invercargill
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

Thanks Ellamay.

Glad im not going -sounds like hard work shopping.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,140 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

Another option but a short train ride away is Bondi Junction.....

the shops are roughly grouped together according to function eg womens clothing, childrens clothes etc...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,742 posts
1,695 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping

I also agree with G/W, I love shopping at Bondi Junction. They have all the great label shops together. Its also a terrific place to have manicures.

I go there with my daughter ...she picks me up drives and parks the car.....wonderful having Adult children ......and I just follow her......reverse roles !!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping

Another vote for Bondi Junction - it's a short train trip from Town Hall to Bondi Junction and you're confronted with floors and floors of shops in the Westfield Shopping Centre.

Also, it's much easier to navigate than some of the shopping centres in the CBD - there are linked passage ways, tunnels and numerous entrances which can sometimes lead you to different streets and levels.

Mez.

6. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 09:22