We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waldorf Sydney South: Area and Transportation info needed.

Albany, NY, USA
2 posts
Save Topic
Waldorf Sydney South: Area and Transportation info needed.

We are planning to rent a studio at the Waldorf apartments in Sydney South. Just wanted to know if the area is family-friendly and if the hotel has easy access to local transportation. Thanks.

LuxCar
Taxis & Shuttles
Flamin' Galah Sydney Tours & Airport Transfers
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Wine Tours & Tastings , Film & TV Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Fantasea Yellow Water Taxis
Ferries, Taxis & Shuttles
SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waldorf Sydney South: Area and Transportation info needed.

I would suggest that you stay closer in to the city, try Darling Harbour - there are lots of hotels and apartments here - Goldsborough apartments are nice, and it is a good area, lots of restaurants and things to see and do, plus the monorail to get you into Pitt Street Mall, another area to try is the Rocks, great views of the harbour, again several hotels and apartments try Quay West or Saville 2 Bond. Chippendale is like staying in Brooklyn when you really want to be in Manhattan ! I hope you have a good holiday here in Aust.

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Waldorf Sydney South: Area and Transportation info needed.

The apartment is ideally located between Central Station (3 minute walk) and Redfern Station (Central Station being the biggest train station in Australia), within walking distance to Newtown and Broadway shopping districts. The University of Sydney is 10 mins walk and adjascent to it is the Beutifull Victoria Park, within which lies Lake Northam and its landscaped environ.

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waldorf Sydney South: Area and Transportation info needed.

With respect to the previous poster, I'm not at all convinced that I'd consider the area family friendly. Convenient to places like the University, but if you're intending to look around the city and tourist sites I think you should take rojaan1's advice !!

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waldorf Sydney South: Area and Transportation info needed.

The confusion here is that there are TWO Waldorfs, and they are both "south": one is in Liverpool Street, near the corner of George, and is close to the cinema strip and a few minutes' walk from Darling Harbour. It's quite pricey, but gets generally good reviews. The other one is further out -- I think in Waterloo or Redfern -- and is the one about which a couple of posters have, quite rightly, expressed some misgivings. Perhaps you could tell us which of these you are considering, and the advice you get will then be consistent!