We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just checking

Wales UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Just checking

Hello all, you have all been so helpful about my forthcoming trip to Aus/NZ Jan/Feb.o8 that I would like to pick your brains once again. I have had some good prices from Asia hotels booking site, has anybody used this site and what was the experience for hotel rooms. Many thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just checking

Hi brynteg

I havent used them .. but the best idea is to do a search as there have been a lot of questions and answers on asia hotels

There are some on here but they are more prevalent on the Hong Kong forums and Thailand plus other asian countries

I read many when I was planning my trip to Hong Kong as I was going to use them .... but some comments have been you have to give your credit card and they debit the money straight away but when people have got to the hotel, the room at the rate charged isnt available and have to pay more money

Others say they are great and have had no problems .. they dont seem to be as popular here in Australia

I often found booking with the hotels direct ... I got a better price but certainly lastminute.com and wotif.com are great and you get good bargains

but then you are travelling in January which is our busiest month ..

Check out the 2 sites I mentioned and get some names of hotels which might suit and then go from there

Abbey

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just checking

There's loads of threads knocking around about this hotel booking website of varying opinions! From my own personal experience, i thought they were good, the prices were as stated. I used them to book hotels in Melbourne and Sydney last year and both bookings were problem free!

3. Re: Just checking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 10:26