We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meriton Pitt St

Malaysia
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Meriton Pitt St

We will be staying there for 6 nights at the end of the mth. Am wondering how far is it to walk to Circular Quay from the apartment as we have 2 little toddlers.

Is the location safe to walk in the night?

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meriton Pitt St

Circular Quay is about 15 - 20 or more mins walk with toddlers from the Meriton. Without them you can do it in about 10 mins. We have lived in the centre of Sydney and the area you are staying in is lively but safe at nights, even at weekends.

My only issue with the Meriton on Pitt St is that there are too few lifts for the number of rooms and so you can end up waiting for up to 10 minutes for them at peak times. This can be very frustrating.

The lower apartments can be a little noisy on Saturday nights when you seem to get a constant parade of loud cars going along Pitt St. Make sure you get an apartment as high in the building as possible.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
131 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meriton Pitt St

I have been looking at this apartment as well.can anyone comment on the location difference between this and the Meriton on Kent Street?

thanks

Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meriton Pitt St

I have booked both Meriton Pitt and Kent street. Both are excellent. It will be a good walk with toddlers to circular quay....do you have a stroller at all? I would walk there but maybe after sightseeing the kids may be too tired to walk home....so get a taxi...or the bus. I agree with road noise on Sat night...as I had that problem at Kent st...but we were on a low floor. There are plenty of shops supermarkets around this area so there are many people around at night...its safe for your family.

sydney
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Meriton Pitt St

Sydney is great fun

I agree with the previous posters pitt street to circular key its only 15-20 minutes( and thats in heels) and is Fairly flat no hills etc - plenty of lights to cross at.

Pitt street has heaps of places to go shopping (although pricey compared to other countries but regular compared to other places in sydney)

Syndey is safe at night - just dont do anything you would not do at home- there are always some streets you should not go down- if it looks too dark dont walk there. make sure you walk where there are plently of lights and if in doubt pop into one of the hotels and ask for a cab.

Sydney at night is one of the best times,

dont forget to wonder around from circular key toward the opera house and beyond- its a nice walk- say 20 min and at night its fantastic- its also very well lit and safe.

enjoy

Malaysia
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Meriton Pitt St

Thks for all your input.

We'll have a stroller for the 2 yr old but the 4 yr old will have to walk.

I guess it'll be tough to walk up & down a few times in a day with the kids. Holidays are so different now with 2 little ones.

Does anyone have any imput on the York Apartment Hotel?

I was debating to change to this place as location wise seems to be better altho not a 5 star. Did read some reviews that the apartments are abit rundown tho.

6. Re: Meriton Pitt St

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 07:20