We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best View

grm
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
257 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best View

We would appreciate any recommendations for a luxury hotel with a panoramic harbor view of Sydney. The reviews are confusing...Four Seasons, Shangri La, Park Hyatt? What is the most stunning view? Thanks

Blue Mountains Day Trip and River...
696 reviews
from US$167.55*
Sydney BridgeClimb
973 reviews
from US$127.89*
All Inclusive Blue Mountains...
123 reviews
from US$169.98*
Special Offer
Blue Mountains Wildlife Day Tour from...
1,037 reviews
from US$62.73*
US$125.46
Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best View

Hi qrm,

There have been a number of discussions recently about Number 1 hotels and views... worth taking a look at these. The reason you may be confused is that there are great views to be had from quite a number of hotels in and around Circular Quay. All of the ones you mention, plus Quay West, Quay Grand, Sydney Harbour Marriott, even some rooms in the Intercontinental have sensational views.

Most stunning depends upon your preference for wide ranging (but disconnected from the life below) or intimate and "in it". You'll find recommendations for each in the various discussions.

Good luck.

mpe
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best View

I would say Four Seasons Sydney has brilliant harbour views from up high and this includes views out to the heads and beyond - make sure you book a direct harbour view room though - Four Seasons also has a great day spa / gym facility and Park Hyatt Sydney has wonderful views right on the harbour. From some rooms you feel like you are floating on the water.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best View

Hi grm. We've been posting the same question and you are correct -- this is confusing. I have gathered that all the mentioned "view" hotels have excellent rooms and it becomes a matter of luck. You can check into a luxury hotel with great views and get the "lemon" room. We have. It is great to read all the reviews, but sometimes it makes it all the more confusing. If you hear anything else, please share it with all of us. Thanks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
301 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best View

By all means book the Shangri-la. My room, a corner, had wrap around windows. I was looking forward to returning at night and opening the doors and the turn down made closed all the curtains. Of course I opened them all up again. Join their golden circle program, it's free and you'll be guaranteed a great view, just put it on top of your requests.

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best View

We stayed at the Shangrila when it was the ANA - it has fantastic views over the harbour, opera house, the heads, the bridge. It is much better than the views from the Hyatt - which are at best only 2 floors above the water.

I agree with the previous poster, join the hotels frequent stay programe, request a high floor with view ( pref a corner room )

I actually have photos from both hotel rooms but I dont know if you can post photos here !