We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nude beaches

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Europe
5 posts
Save Topic
nude beaches

Coming over to Sydney in Feb although only spending about 4 days there and travelling the rest for 4 months. Im 18 and from Germany, and this is my first big travel abroad and would like to know where the nudist best beaches are? I have been on nudist family holidays before and will be keen to find the good nudist beaches or resorts in Sydney? Does anyone know of any good nudist beaches are for young people. Are Australians offended by nudity? In Germany its very common although I know many people think it is weird.

thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nude beaches

I don't know of any so I've done a google search and come across this website you might want to check out

http://www.freebeach.com.au/NSW%20List.htm

Sydney
Level Contributor
444 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nude beaches

Here's another helpful site....though others be warned; the fellow who wrote the helpful tips appears in a couple of photos 'in all his glory'!

netnude.com/main/info/australia/sydne061.html

I've had no experience with the nudist lifestyle myself but from anecdotal evidence it appears that - in addition to 'bona fide nudists' - nudist beaches are very popular with the gay community and young backpackers.

I don't know that Astralians will be offended by nudity (in the designated areas!), but it's certainly not as 'popular' as it is in Europe.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
523 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nude beaches

Although not a nudist, I did go in the water with clothing at Lady Bay Beach, you can catch a taxi to Watsons Bay from the city and it is a short walk.

Europe
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nude beaches

great,thanks for advise people.

sydney
Level Contributor
386 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: nude beaches

as said, Lady Jane or there are a number of other nude beaches about the city.

I don't think Aussies have a deep seated problem with nude beaches or nudists, personally I think they are a bit like spandex bike pants, the people that should probably not use them do.

Just don't nude up in places that are not designated nude areas/beaches, otherwise people will get upset, esp those with kids.

Europe
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: nude beaches

great, has anyone heard of cobblers beach , any good?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nude beaches

Quote: "I don't think Aussies have a deep seated problem with nude beaches or nudists, personally I think they are a bit like spandex bike pants, the people that should probably not use them do."

ROFL :-D sydneywhalewatcher!

I only know of Lady Jane beach near Watsons Bay (as already mentioned). Though I suspect most nudists wouldn't worry about being seen by non-nudists it might be worth noting that you can be seen from the walkway going out to Sth Head by all and sundry. There may be some giggling.

I also saw a charter boat full of tipsy middled aged women come in to the beach for a look-see and they were really having a a great time perving at the guys on the beach and yelling into a megaphone. That's another thing too; 99.9% of the time there will be no women going nekkid.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,858 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nude beaches

Obelisk Beach and Cobblers Beach at Middle Head Mosman are two designated nude beaches.However, Mosman Police are heavily patrolling these areas as it was getting out of control with offensive bush behaviour !

Washaway Beach, and Reef Beach are non designated beaches but people still use them as nudist beaches they are located in Balgowlah...along the Manly to Spit walk. These beaches were once family nudist beaches but Manly Council stopped them...but most Sydneysiders know they are nudist beaches and they are still used as nudist beaches, Washaway being the most isolated and private (steep climb down).

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,041 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nude beaches

.....what's "offensive bush behaviour?"....got to be a story there LOL I have images of nasty grevilleas reaching out and causing allergic rashes on nudie bodies LOL

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: nude beaches

I love how many answers start by " I don;t know but..."

Isn't Obelisk also a nudist beach?