We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney restaurants - Darling Harbour

rio de janeiro
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sydney restaurants - Darling Harbour

Hello

We are a group of 10 brazilians travelling together and staying in Sydney for five days after a cruise from Aukland. I have been reading all posts and finding out about all the great restaurants in Sydney.As in every country these restaurants are very expensive and for sure worth it. In our group some could and some could not afford these expensive experiences, may be one top restaurant but we have 5 days and 10 meals.We like oriental food, seafood and of course would like to try australian food. We will be staying in a hotel in Darling Harbour.I am looking for advice about nice restaurants that would not be very pricey and by that I mean 40/50 dollars each person without wine.

Thank you for your help

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney restaurants - Darling Harbour

I had lunch at the Meat and Wine company at Darling Harbour last week and found it excellent. You can get anything from Hamburger to Steak so there is a variety of prices. I couldn't fault the Salt and Pepper Calamari.

Wines as you would expect were excellent. I enjoyed a lovely cab sav with my Rib fillet. The wine you can buy by the bottle or the glass.

www.themeatandwineco.com

I used to enjoy Nicks seafood but it looks like thats closed or moved. As well there is or was a great thai/oriental restaurant near the Pyrmont Bridge at th city end. Maybe someone else can help here.

this gives you a good list of restaurants there

eatability.com.au/au/…darling_harbour.htm

regards

Oscar

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney restaurants - Darling Harbour

I second the Meat and Wine Co. Kangaroo is on the menu if you want something completely different. They have great steaks too. We've been a few times and always enjoy the food.

rio de janeiro
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney restaurants - Darling Harbour

Hello

Thank you for the Meat &Wine Co restaurant. I made already reservations. Now, would you know any nice chinese restaurant close to Darling Harbour ?

Thank you

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,360 posts
1,526 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney restaurants - Darling Harbour

Marigold Citymarket www.marigold.com.au

Red Chilli www.redchillirestaurant.com.au

Goldern Century - www.goldencentury.com.au

All are located in Chinatown/Haymarket not far from Darling Harbour (approx 5-10 min walk)

Also have a look at the menu's/cost/reviews on.

www.bestrestaurants.com.au

www.eatability.com.au

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
581 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney restaurants - Darling Harbour

There is a very nice Chinese Restaurant which I recently went to at the Fish Markets, which is just behind Darling harbour - just a short walk. It's upstairs, and the food was really good and reasonably priced. I can't think of the name of it, and I can't find it by googling,,, sorry -maybe someone else can help out. We also recently went to a lovely Greek restaurant in the CBD - Athenian in Barrack Street. It was also very reasonable and in a lovely historic building.

6. Re: Sydney restaurants - Darling Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 23:18