We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

for AlanJ

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
for AlanJ

dear alan,

just a note to say that i always enjoy reading your informative and helpful posts.

don't shoot me but.........i've just written to TA and nominated you for a 'local expert for sydney' title.

bye for now.

june

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: for AlanJ

aha, that makes two nominations, June. I did the same as you about a month ago !!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: for AlanJ

well OTP, they do say that 'great minds think alike'. lol.

june

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,132 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: for AlanJ

I actually thought Alan would have received an invite at about the same time as I did.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: for AlanJ

Well, that's terribly nice of everyone, but I have to say, what for? We already have our Sydney expert, and a good choice it was (though I didn't nominate guruswife, but only because I didn't know that there was such a thing as "local expert" on the foorum). Is there anything to be gained by having a "back-up"?

Anyway, JuneTL and OnThePoint, no, I won't shoot you and I thank you very sincerely. I still feel, however, that one local expert for Sydney is quite enough, and if there were to be another, I can think of at least two others who ought to be nominated first. And, yes, you DO know who I mean!

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia