We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

England
Level Contributor
522 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

Can anyone tell me what flight prices I should be looking for at this time of year Apr 09 - getting £900 return with Quantas - is that about right?

sydney,aust.
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

seems ok to me particularly if it includes taxes.

check out singapore and emirates which fly more direct routes.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

seems like the queensland and ugandan (or is it uruquayan, ukrainian, united kingkom, united states, united arab emirates, us virgin islands or uzbekistan)and northern territory ariel services is quite competitive this time of year.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

Lien

LOL, LOL, LOL thats funny.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
440 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

Yes that does look about right... Try Emirates or Etihad. They fly out of Manchester. Its about 7 hours to Dubai then a 13hour flight if you get the direct to Sydney flight.

Oh I did that route 3 times last year. Brutally long flight. Good luck!

JP1
Blackpool...
Level Contributor
30 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

Hi,

We are flying with Emirates in Feb 09 (booked through our local travel agent) from Manchester via Dubai then onto Perth and return home from Brisbane paid £869pp return.

manchester
Level Contributor
260 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

We are looking at similar and best price has been Qantas so far but £1300.00 that is for

MAN VIA H/R - HONG K STOP OFF

HONG K - PERTH STOP OFF

PERTH ADELAID STOP OFF

ADELAID - SYDNEY STOP OFF

SYD BANGKOK STOP OFF

BANGKOK MAN VIA H/ROW

When i take the stops off i am not getting anywhere near the £900 what am i doing wrong

Looking to go out appx 19.3.09 for 3.5 weeks

Any help advice greatfully received

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
566 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

I booked flights Manchester-Singapore; Singapore-Sydney; Perth-Singapore and Singapore-Manchester with Singapore Airlines, going out in late September this year and coming back in early December, through Austravel in Manchester, for £980, in April. The quotes I got for Emirates flights were very similar, but I wanted the Singapore stopover. With Qantas you will have to go via London, which is always a nightmare.

manchester
Level Contributor
260 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

Exactly H/R is a nightmare we did it last time and want to avoid that without spending the earth. thx FTW lets see what other prices come up i will check out Singapore AL

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

Might be worth getting emails from Quantas for any deals as I got an email the other day stating they had flights for £380 on the A380.

Another option might be to see what deals flight centre have got on. I'm going to wait and see what deals come about as would like to avoid LHR but if that's the best deal + £100 for MAN-LHR. Another reason to go via LHR is that there are other options to get back to MAN as we got delayed in Singapore and missed our connecting flight from Frankfurt to Manchester they had us wait from 8am to 5pm was not a fun journey.

That deal had sold out but if I'd have booked from Heathrow to Sydney for April 09 could have got it for £744 inc taxes. Emirates want £600 just to Bangkok am sorry didn't take the offer seriously.

10. Re: Manchester-Sydney Flights Apr 09

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 19:26