We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to call US from Sydney?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to call US from Sydney?

Arriving in Sydney for two weeks this weekend and need to keep in touch with the kids at home. I am familiar with phone cards. Any recommendations? Buy the cards in US or in Sydney? Thanks for your help

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to call US from Sydney?

Definitely buy a phonecard in Sydney. If you can find it, I think Double Happiness has one of the best deals. Something like 1 cent a minute to the US.

Just head to any 7-Eleven or milk bar or small local deli - they should all have cards with similar rates. They're very competitive.

Parramatta...
Level Contributor
394 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to call US from Sydney?

Fear I must warn you Hatescold that it's been quite chilly here lately so bring a jumper & a waterproof jacket. It's been raining for 13 days now........getting a bit over it. The forecast is for the rain to clear from next week (typical, 2 weeks of school holidays = fortnight of rain), so you might be lucky.

But I admit I'm probably a bigger sook than you when it comes to the cold.

cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
299 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to call US from Sydney?

I use daybreak phone cards to ring my friends in the states ,you can pick them up from,newsagents,7 elevens etc,etc ,and after you get your first you can just top it up over the phone.You Get about 500-600 minutes to the usa(landline) for about $20aus.

4. Re: Best way to call US from Sydney?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 20:17