We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quay Grand vs Quay West

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Quay Grand vs Quay West

I'm heading to Sydney the last 2 weeks of August with my wife and 2 teenagers. Since we would prefer to all stay in 1 unit, I came across both the above choices since they both seem to have 2 bedroom suites and both with good locations and good views.

My sense of it is that the Quay Grand is more upscale and more expensive while the Quay West is better value and may have better Harbour views.

Would any knowledgeable reader care to comment and advise? Thanks in advance.

Flunie

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,215 posts
1,448 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quay Grand vs Quay West

Quay Grand is in prime waterfront position overlooking Sydney Harbour. (low rise).

Quay West is located in The Rocks up a hill (high rise)with views.(Sydney Harbour/Opera House) not city west views.

My pick would be Quay Grand (harbour bridge/Circualr Quay view)..not Botanical Gardens.

I guess the price tag says it all !

However, there is nothing wrong with QW its just not in the same league as QG.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,133 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quay Grand vs Quay West

Mirvac have Quay West properties in many places but Quay Grand is the creme de la creme.

For views do you like on high (no Opera house from QG) or more eye level ie straight at the bridge. (this is QG highlight if you choose that view)

I would save the xtra $$ and go for QW.

The only concern I might have is then QW rooms are aging ..but have a look at images on hotel reviews to get a good idea.

3. Re: Quay Grand vs Quay West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 23:17