We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NSW in August ?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta
5 posts
Save Topic
NSW in August ?

Hi, me n my friend are planning to go to Melbourne to visit a friend, and would probably have 10 days to spend..is August a good month in NSW ? i'm from indonesia so.. not to fond of the cold :) Is it possible to be on the road from Melbourne to Sydney(by bus or something, i dont think Oz allowed me to drive though :)) and what should we go /see in August ? I'm open to sugestion :)

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NSW in August ?

August is still winter, so yes it will be mostly cold, particularly inland.(But warmer than Melbourne!). Check out www.bom.gov.au for further weather info.

You can either drive, catch a bus (www.greyhound.com.au ), train (www.countrylink.info/home) or fly (www.webjet.com.au )

Apart from swimming, you'll be able to do all the usual things. Look at all the info/inside pages on the left hand side of this page. Let us know your age, interests etc. and then we can give you some more info.

Jakarta
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NSW in August ?

Hi Mike, thanks for the links , really help :)

I think its better to fly then.. driving seems too harsh in mid - end of August.

We both female, around 30, never been in sydney / melbourne, we like the outdoors so probably some sight seeing around sydney n melbourne area would be nice. Also some sightseeing within the city historical and pretty buildings, interesting marketplace,check out where the locals spend their idling time (somewhere save for single females ofcourse :)umm.. what else is interesting there ?

any sugestion is really welcome :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
110 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NSW in August ?

In Sydney it is nice to go for a walk around Circular Quay and to the Opera House. You'll get a great view of the Harbour Bridge from here also. Another fantastic to do is the Coogee to Bondi walk, it will take around 1.5 hours to do but has spectacular views out to the ocean, after the walk you can go to one of the many cafes in either Coogee or Bondi depending on what end you finish the walk in.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NSW in August ?

Hi

The Rocks Markets near Circular Quay, held Saturdays and Sundays are worthwhile visiting.

Here's the link:

www.therocksmarket.com.au

Have fun

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NSW in August ?

Sorry - should have mentioned that Circular Quay is in Sydney.

6. Re: NSW in August ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 17:16