We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE - Milsons Point - advise please

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
286 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
NYE - Milsons Point - advise please

Hi

After the advise from Trip Advisor a few months back, I decided to watch from Milsons Point. We are staying at the Ryges North Shore and only arrive in Sydney on 31st at 4.30. Our friends were going to book a spot at Milsons Point early in the afternoon. She now tells me that they are closing Milsons once 5000 have entered. This means that by the time we get there we will not be allowed in. Is there any way around this? Any suggestions for an alternative for us?

Thanks

Sharon

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Milsons Point
Milsons Point
179 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
London, England
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE - Milsons Point - advise please

We went to Milsons Point last NYE to watch the fireworks and we didn't get there till after 6pm, and there was loads of space, even later on that night, people will still turning up 8-9pm.

Mentioned in this post
Milsons Point
Milsons Point
179 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Wollongong
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE - Milsons Point - advise please

I agree, I was there last year and got in after 4.30pm, my fiance works in the city and didn't get out till five and we still got in without a hassle.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYE - Milsons Point - advise please

Thanks for the advise

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYE - Milsons Point - advise please

Just an update to help anyone reading this post at the end of 2009.

They never closed the gate at Milson's point. People were still streaming in at 11pm.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYE - Milsons Point - advise please

Hi kzn 1

Thanks for the feedback...

Don't suppose you'd like to add your NYE experience to this thread....transport to & from & anything else you think may help others for next year?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255060-i122-k2435…

6. Re: NYE - Milsons Point - advise please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 06:24