We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

discounted tickets for Magic Flute @ Sydney Au Opera House

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ANTLER
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Topic
discounted tickets for Magic Flute @ Sydney Au Opera House

Hi, I would like to go to the Magic Flute playing at the Opera House in Sydney Mar 5/6/7th evening. I would like to attend one of these evenings. Is there a booklet or place, that one could find a discount for purchasing a ticket? Thanks

I noticed there are 20% off the Essential Tour and 15% discount for Sydney Symphony @ the Opera House.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,114 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: discounted tickets for Magic Flute @ Sydney Au Opera House

As far as I know there are no longer any discounted ticket booths in Sydney (used to be halftix a few years ago)...sorry...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: discounted tickets for Magic Flute @ Sydney Au Opera House

The Magic Flute is on on March 5th, and the Opera House web site still has B reserve tickets for $140 each.

sydneyoperahouse.com/Templates/…

Sorry, but full price is probably the only way to get tickets.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: discounted tickets for Magic Flute @ Sydney Au Opera House

The 2007/08 Entertainment Book had discounts for Opera Australia performances, but I'm not sure about the current edtion of the book. It also actually required a coupon to be cut out and mailed to Opera Australia when booking rather than just quoting a discount code.

As a fairly frequent opera goer, I'm often on the lookout for discounted tickets, but have never come across any unfortunately.

I hope you enjoy the Magic Flute. I have tickets to see the closing night performance later in the month. Some people say that Opera Australia is in the doldrums at the moment, but I've enormously enjoyed all of the performances I've been to see over the last 12-18 months - including the contemporary interpretations of Don Giovannin and La Boheme that were criticised by the blue rinse set for including nudity, sex, hints of homoeroticism, drug references etc. The singing and performances were in no way compromised; if only the accoustics of the Opera Theatre didn't let the side down!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: discounted tickets for Magic Flute @ Sydney Au Opera House

PS this quite positive review of the current Magic Flute production from the Sydney Morning Herald might help to whet your appetite: smh.com.au/news/…1233423228217.html

ANTLER
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: discounted tickets for Magic Flute @ Sydney Au Opera House

What are B reserve tickets for a 125.00. where would you be sitting? Would it still be a good seat?

ANTLER
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: discounted tickets for Magic Flute @ Sydney Au Opera House

Hi I checked the seating for the B reserve tickets. They have Stalls and Loge X Reserve B seating. Which would be the better view of the stage? Thanks

ANTLER
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: discounted tickets for Magic Flute @ Sydney Au Opera House

i see there are also 103.00 tickets still available. what is the view like from those seats? some are in the stalls and some high at the back in the circle. thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: discounted tickets for Magic Flute @ Sydney Au Opera House

Hi Sue,

You can find a seating map here... sydneyoperahouse.com/uploadedimages/…2916.gif

Most seats tend to be ok, althoughn I would avoid the LOGE seating which is on the sides and tends to have a very restricted view. There are also some seats which don't have a view of the surtitles, which are listed in that gif image.

9. Re: discounted tickets for Magic Flute @ Sydney Au Opera House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 11:18