We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near the airport.. Need to book asap.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
313 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near the airport.. Need to book asap.

Hi there. Passing through for one night and looking for a hotel close to the airport. Not looking to spend heaps as our holiday is in Thailand.

Would love to score a cheap hotel without the typical cheap hotel downsides if you know what I mean.

A bar would be awesome.. Possibly a nice buffet breakfest.

Would love to have a balcony but now I am just being too picky..

Heard about the Ibis but not so many good reviews lately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I will be booking with the next week.

sydney
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near the airport.. Need to book asap.

I stayed at the Ibis Sydney Airport a few months ago on a whirlwind trip back to Sydney, and whilst its definitely nothing special, it was certainly acceptable.

Pros:

-The room was clean and modern.

-Close to the airport

-Free shuttle to the airport

-Rooms were surprisingly quieter than I expected

Cons:

-Rooms qre quite small - probably 4x4m, with one of those weird pod-style bathrooms.

-No balcony

-No fridge or food in the room (but vending machines for snacks, and a restaurant in the hotel)

Apart from the Ibis, your other options include the Stamford, the Holiday Inn, and the Mercure.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near the airport.. Need to book asap.

We stayed at the Mercure hotel. You can walk there from the Internationl terminal, or as well they have a shuttle. The rooms are typical hotel rooms. The plus is, that if you walk out the front door and turn right on the street, there is the St. Georges Rowing Club, that has good food and cheap refreshments. Its on the Cook River and has a nice view. Much cheaper than the Mercure Hotel bar and restaurant. Hope this helps

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
679 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near the airport.. Need to book asap.

Hi

The Holiday Inn is great!

We stayed there in January

I cannot say enough about this hotel.

It has a pool, Gym, Sauna,

Huge rooms and bathrooms with spa bath.

Porters and AMAZING staff. It has a bar and restaurant on the ground floor.

Was cheap too at about $150 AUD p/n

:)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
400 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near the airport.. Need to book asap.

Hi

We always stay at the Mecure at the airport, reasonable prices, nice rooms (no balcony but the windows open!).

As previously mentioned a short stumble to the club where cheap food and cold beer is available. Good breakfast at the hotel and access to the gym near the tennis courts in needed. Shuttle is avaialable to the airport for $3 per person (no charge picking up from the airport)

Jodi

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
313 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near the airport.. Need to book asap.

Thanks to everyone!!

I have booked at the mercure. So pleased. $149 including late check out and two buffet breakfests..

Whoo Hoo.

Thanks so much to everyone.

Also forget the name but the guy from bc, Canada

I am also canadian. Live here in Australia though..

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near the airport.. Need to book asap.

Hey have a great time. As per what Jodi was saying about the shuttle, we were charged both ways unfortunately. They make you sign when you get into the shuttle bus, and then it is added to your bill. I think it was more like $6.00 each, but could be wrong by a dollar or two. The Mercure will also adjust your bill into whatever currency you desire. Was nice to have it converted to Canadian, so we could see the difference.

Enjoy, Im heading back that way for my 8th trip in September....woohoo....love Australia.

Fred

7. Re: Hotel near the airport.. Need to book asap.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 14:28