We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do I need to plug this in?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
What do I need to plug this in?

ok reading up on converters, transformers, adaptors, etc, i'm just gonna post here so I can save time and the headache, what do I need to plug in my digital camera's battery charger into my hotel wall, coming from USA, it is this model Canon CB-2LV. Thanks!

Silicon Valley
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What do I need to plug this in?

Assuming that your battery charger can handle 230 volts (check the info on the cahrger), the only thing you need is a plug adapter like this: http://www.rei.com/product/720393

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do I need to plug this in?

agree most rechargers can handle mutiple voltages so a plug converter is all u need. my canon (g6) works that way.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do I need to plug this in?

After checking your camera specs, be sure to visit a store that sells these adaptors before you leave. It is not easy to find such adaptors that convert US to Aust. here in Australia. We have several brands that convert our appliances to U.S., European etc, but not the other way around. I'm not saying you can't find them, but it is less hassle to purchase what you need before leaving home.

Cheers, and enjoy your visit.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do I need to plug this in?

korjo adapators (even usa to aus) are readily available in most department and travel stores in australia.

korjo.com/Product-Range/Adaptors---Transform…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do I need to plug this in?

A lot of two dollar shops also sell these adaptors, for much less than the dept stores.

You can always order one online from dealextreme. It will be just a few dollars.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
755 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do I need to plug this in?

Yep the Canon CB 2LV which charges batteries for the Powershot range of cameras has an input voltage of 100-240V, 50-60Hz. It should say this on the back. This means you can plug this charger into a mains power supply pretty much anywhere in the world & it will work fine. But you will need a plug adaptor, these are pretty easily available both here & in the US, one obvious & convenient place would be the airport, although you may pay a little more.

For any other devices, Australia's power supply is 230V 50 Hz, if your device only takes 110V 60Hz DO NOT plug it in in Australia. Many devices nowadays are dual/variable voltage, for some reason hairdriers don't seem to be one of them.

7. Re: What do I need to plug this in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2010, 05:18