We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mecure sydney airport - dinner choices?

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Topic
mecure sydney airport - dinner choices?

Hi,

Can anyone inform of where is the best place to have dinner when overnighting in mecure at sydney airport? Is there cafes onsite - are they expensive?

Anywhere close by to eat dinner?

It will be my husband and I with our 13 yo daughter.

Thanks

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mecure sydney airport - dinner choices?

unfortunately it's in the middle of nowhere from a culinary point of view. unless u have transport your choices are limited. they have a restauant in the hotel but it's not cheap. you could try the st georges rowing club just down the road. have no idea as to prices and quality. the kogarah golf club is also nearby but dont know anything about their facilities. and of course there is the airport itself if u r really desperate.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mecure sydney airport - dinner choices?

We walked to the St Georges rowing club and had lunch and dinner there, quite nice meals and at night you can see plane after plane coming in to land, kids found it quite fasinating.

Rene

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,434 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mecure sydney airport - dinner choices?

Mercure is pretty pricey...

I haven't had meal per se at St George Rowers (notcie no son george if you are googling) but have been there for a conference. Food was fine..thye have menu online if you ant to check it out.

Another option might be the short taxi ride to Brighton where there is a significant local restaurant strip....but that might just take any price advatage out, unless its a nice night and you do fish and chips on the beach the beach cafe is open..

Australia
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mecure sydney airport - dinner choices?

thankyou - the rowing club sounds interesting. How close is it to walk from mecure hotel? Is it a menu you choose from or set meal?

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mecure sydney airport - dinner choices?

It would be guessing less than 100 metres walk, not far at all. We ordered from a menu.

Rene

London
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mecure sydney airport - dinner choices?

My boyfriend and I just spent 3 nights at the Mercure Sydney airport hotel. I agree that it is in the middle of nowhere from a culinary point of view so thank goodness for St George's Rowing Club which is about a 5 minute walk away. They are open for lunch from 12:30 to 14:00 and again for dinner from 18:00 to around 21:00. They have a bar, a restaurant and a lovely terrace overlooking the river if you want to sit outside. They offer roast (baked) dinners, daily specials and snacks. I think the price for a roast was around AUD 15 and the portions are more than generous.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
400 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mecure sydney airport - dinner choices?

Highly recommend the Rowers Club, short walk around the corner, nice meals and cold beer and you can sit on the balcony overlooking the Cooks River and watch the planes come in and often some rowers on the river

Jodi

8. Re: mecure sydney airport - dinner choices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2010, 06:19