We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment in City Centre ?

uk
Level Contributor
246 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment in City Centre ?

Any suggestions on a clean apartment for two in city or in walking distance.

Will be visiting Sydney in May for 2 weeks.

Would be grateful for your help.

Both fit CS

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment in City Centre ?

What is your budget range?

You could check out Meriton Apartments who have three in the CBD: www.meritonapartments.com.au Your best bet is also checking out www.wotif.com.au/ and selecting 'self-catering apartments' under 'Property Type'. As you can only book up to three months in advance on Wotif, its still too early for May, but, it'll provide you with a list of serviced apartments within the CBD that you can contact or check out their websites/prices.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in Sydney! :)

uk
Level Contributor
246 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment in City Centre ?

We thought by going SC we could save some money on food instead of having meals out or paying Hotel, so yes we are trying to be careful and would much rather our money was spent seeing and doing while we're in Sydney.

Thank you for your reply.

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment in City Centre ?

It would really come down to what kind of food you're after. If you're not after fancy meals, you can certainly eat out cheaply, which can save you on the time needed to prepare meals (if not, a bit of money, depending on exactly what you're planning to cook vs. eat out/take-away). If you are looking to self-cater, look out for supermarkets like Woolworths or Coles.

Hope you have a wonderful time! :)

uk
Level Contributor
246 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment in City Centre ?

Thanks for that

Self Catering would give us a kitchen & utensils to do a breakfast and packed lunch ect, then have a evening meal out where ever that might be.

We have always stayed in Hotels but found the cost's soon mount up, and thought this might be a way of making our hard earned cash go farther.

bristol uk
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment in City Centre ?

I have booked with laterooms the metro apartments on king - very good rate; bit of a mixed bag review wise but I think this will suit our family needs well. It was very much cheaper to book through this than the companies own website.

It might be worth your while having a look. We are going for Easter, part of a three week trip and we are all getting quite excited now.

uk
Level Contributor
246 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment in City Centre ?

fjab

Unfortunately I'm unable to find that apartment / area you are staying at ?

Can any one help me with a good location to stay at, best if i concentrate on area's first (named Street, Roads if possible,) and start there.

I've been looking at various places but what does CBD stand for ?

Thanks so much for all your help its very much appreciated.

bristol uk
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment in City Centre ?

CBD stands for Central Business District. I have just looked at laterooms.com and put in the 7th May - they are the last accommodation on the second page. They are showing up as expensive for that time - you might want to look at the web site -www.metrohotels.com.au - they have specials on and maybe that might be better price wise. We are paying around £100 per night, there are four of us so I thought that this was good value. You might find it useful to get a travel guide, for Sydney/Australia, from your local library and look at the city map it might help you orientate yourself. When I was in the planning stage I took sometime to work out where everything was. Good luck.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,139 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartment in City Centre ?

fjab

CBD=Central Business District.....main city area

You can refine a search on www.wotif.com.au by entering self catering, CBDor Darling Harbour, The Rocks/Circular Quay...the whole area is quite compact & walkable.

Reviews for apartments in this section...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g255060-c3-Sydney_N…

Edited: 21 January 2010, 20:17
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,360 posts
1,526 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartment in City Centre ?

Hi,

have a look at these apartments :

www.starcityapartments.com.au

www.grandmercuredarlingharbour.com.au

www.medina.com.au

www.meritionapartments.com.au

www.theoaksgroup.com.au

www.sydneyservicedapartments.net

www.harboursideapartments.com.au -

www.mirvachotels.com

sydney.frasershospitality.com

www.accommodationsydney.com.au

www.waldorf.com.au/

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apartment in City Centre ?

You will conserve funds in an apartment and get more room as well. Meals can be quite pricey and the kitchen allows snacks. We stayed at Meriton Kent. Clean, full kitchen and frig, groceries at Coles or Woolworths very nearby. Washer & Dryer in the unit. Location close to many things. They service the apartments daily. Be sure to buy a weekly transportation pass, convenient and practical. The buses, trains, and ferries allow you to expand your range at a very reasonable price. Getting around Sydney is not that difficult from the CBD.