We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I love this city!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
440 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
I love this city!

I thought I would share a "moment" I had when I went down to the Harbour the other day.

I haven't been down to the Harbour for a while and I was in the city for a Hens night and we went down to take photos under the Bridge and in front of the Opera House and after a while you tend to forget how amazing these two icons are! The Hen is a Aussie living in China and I'm pretty sure she was having a moment too.. there is nothing like it! The Opera House was glowing it was gorgeous and the Bridge seemed massive just standing under it! I'm jealous of my friend who is a Bridgeclimb guide..what a great job!!

I think us Sydneysiders are lucky to live in such a beautiful city! and I hope the tourist that visit have a great and memorable experience!!! =)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I love this city!

and you can drink from the tap !

;-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,516 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I love this city!

I agree ....

but "The Hen is a Aussie living in China and I'm pretty sure she was having a moment too.. " ???

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,346 posts
1,514 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I love this city!

Ditto, there is no other beautiful city like Sydney with its stunning harbour and beaches.

EM.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,335 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I love this city!

Lovely. Thanks for sharing :-)

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I love this city!

strange coming from me I guess but totally agree (wife is Aussie). Currently living in London (and for too long mind you) and pumped to be thinking I will be back in Sydney within the next 6 months.

Forget counting down the days, I am counting down the hours...

Not only the Harbour, but the beaches, lifestyle, people and just the general atmosphere.

You don't realise what you have on your doorstep until you you live elsewhere.

Mind you I spent 28 years of my life there : D

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,139 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I love this city!

I agree we all forget how beautiful the harbour is until we haven't seen it for a while....

Looks like you spend a bit of time away from the harbour city island085 seeing as you are DE for Bangkok ;-)

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I love this city!

yes but what I found is that you can live anywhere in Australia and fly to Sydney to see the harbour now and then. Possibly seeing it more often that those that live there. It is so very ordinary away from th harbour. that is the problem.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
440 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I love this city!

The Hen now wifey lives in Beijing at the moment for work.. and there is nothing in Beijing that comes close. So she had to come home to have her wedding. We did nude male drawing...which was.. interesting. I think it made her miss home (it being the Harbour not the nude male lol)

K1w1brad.. The weather is clearing up for you by the looks of it.. sunny and hot just how we like it!

When I left school my first job was in the rocks and I was lucky to have a gorgeous harbour view instead of a cement wall that I see now! Yes Mikey Bangkok is my other love, I just wish I could speak thai!!

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I love this city!

: D

Great to hear.

Happy days, pouring and freezing here.

No (real) bbq, No beach, no sun and the only sand is what's at the bottom of the Thames.

Mates still have me on their email group and it annoys me when they arrange a surf every week : (

504 (working) hours to go and counting : P

The guys and gals have already got the Crownies and Pale Ale on ice for me

: )

Was in Sydney last year (July) and it was warmer there then here in London in summer.

Edited: 16 February 2010, 10:52
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,299 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I love this city!

LOL Brad thats not unusual...

I must be a rare sydney sider...even tho i dont work by the harbour it is usually at least once a month I go into the waterfront and sample the beauty...(but not on a miserable day)

call me parochial but the more I travel the more I value what we have and see the need to enjoy it...