We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Station

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
230 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Which Station

Arriving International airport 21.00, so may catch a train to Hyde Park Inn 271 Elizabeth St.

What station would it be best to leave train , also would we have a long walk to our hotel.?

Thank you

Sandy

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Station

Museum Station

Literally come out of the station and look to your right and there is your hotel across the road.

Only stair there though to carry your luggage up if you don't mind it.

Edited: 08 March 2010, 15:39
uk
Level Contributor
230 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Station

Thank you for your reply

Sandy

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Station

Yes Museum (underground) station is just across the road. No lift & quite a few steps, so may depend on how much luggage you have. Otherwise a taxi would be easy at that time.

Sydney
Level Contributor
392 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Station

Hello,

Just be careful: Museum Station has multiple exits. There is one exit on the corner of Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, one exit on the corner of Liverpool and Castlereagh Streets and one exit at the intersection of Elizabeth and Bathurst Streets. Underground walkways connect all exits to the platforms and if you took the wrong one, you'd be doing a lot of walking. I think the exit closest to your hotel (the exit the posters above are referring to) is the one on the corner of Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets - so follow the signs to that one.

Enjoy!

uk
Level Contributor
230 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Station

Thanks for information, on looking at it i think a taxi is going to be the best way of transport for us.

After such a long flight don't fancy steps, not with luggage anyway.

Once we've got our bearings, steps & exits wont be a problem.

Great of you to help.

Sandy

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Station

Taxi will be pretty quick at that time.

However, if for whatever reason you do take the train:

-All those other underground walkways from Museum station are closed at night, there's only one exit open (the one that you need)

-The platforms are only ~10-12m underground, steps aren't really too much of a problem

Sydney
Level Contributor
392 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Station

^ Good point about the closed exits - I didn't see the time the OP was due to arrive. And, for my money, at that time of night, I'd take a cab: without the delays of traffic the fare won't be too steep and, with two people, should compare favourably with the train.

8. Re: Which Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2010, 05:28