We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
599 posts
1 review
Save Topic
And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

This is driving me insane now. There are so many hotels that look fab but when I try to check the rates I'm finding that 2 adults and 2 children (8&4) are exceeding the max in each room.

Now, following on from my last post, I have tried the likes of Star city Apartments which seem to be coming up way over my budget of $250 per night. We are in Sydney for 5 nights 5th - 10th April. can't seem to find any suitable hotels let alone any special offers !!!

Hubby is not keen on staying in an apartment (I think he just feels more comfy in a hotel with all the services they offer etc). We would like a 4 star hotel if possible, in a good central location but I feel like I'm just going round in circles !

Help !

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

i think u may have to bite the bullet and get a 2 bedroom apartment. really cant think of too many important services a hotel can offer that would preclude this esp when travelling as tourists.

can recommend adina in surry hills or meriton at waterloo. just outside the cbd and therefor a bit cheaper but easy access to the city and plenty of restaurants, cafes etc around if u dont want use the self catering facilities.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

I would wait until at least February, then check the rates at wotif.com. Currently, you can only book through to the end of December and as you get closer to the date, the rates tend to drop. they have numerous 2 bedroom apartments at AU$250 and below (Oaks Maestri Towers, Meriton Kent Street, Oaks Goldsborough, eg) usually priced at over AU$500. These are effectively hotels, with 24 hour front desk, pools, wifi. It is just that they have multiple bedrooms and kitchens.

www.wotif.com

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
413 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

Have you tried ringing the hotels direct, often when you book online it won't allow you to book 2 adults/2kids but if you ring the hotels they will accept this. I have found the Holiday inn and Novotel to be pretty good with 2 x double beds in one room..

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

These are some hotels that offer rooms with two double beds. However, I'm not sure whether they fit into your price range, or charge extra for additional persons. Sites that currently already have prices up for your stay (excluding the hotel's own website) include: www.hotelclub.com.au and www.hotels.com/ I like these two sites, as they sometimes offer some great deals. You might like to wait a little longer though, as it may still be early days yet.

- Citigate Central

- Marriott Sydney Harbour Hotel

- The Menzies Hotel

- Radisson Hotel and Suites

- Swissotel Sydney

- Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour

- Rydges World Square

- Crowne Plaza Darling Harbour

- Hotel Stellar

- Mecure Sydney

- Ibis Hotel World Square

- Vibe Hotel

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in Sydney! :)

Edited: 13 October 2010, 05:07
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

Hi

Not sure if you have to be right in the CBD but I stayed at the Meriton Apartments Bondi Junction last week, and my sister had a two bedroom apartment which she paid about $220.00 per night. I paid $135.00 for a one bedroom.

Great apartments with full kitcken and laundry facilities in your room.

Jodi

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
402 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

We had the same problem looking for accomodations for a family of four. We really like the stayz.com.au website because the maximum number of people is instantly visible.

stayz.com.au/accommodation/…sydney-city

We stayed at Rydges World Square for less than $200 a night (August) for a Family room - Queen bed in one room, and 2 single beds in a connecting room.

We also stayed at Radisson Hotel & Suites. The Family room package included two Queen size beds in a studio room & full buffet breakfast for under $250 (July).

Check their websites for discount cards and specials.

Both were a few blocks walk to Darling Harbour & Circular Quay, so we didn't rent a car.

Edited: 13 October 2010, 07:41
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

I agree with post #3 - ring/email the hotels direct. The booking sites only get allocated a certain number of rooms & have restrictions on max. numbers per rooms.

Hyde Park Inn may be within your budget range, they have family rooms..

http://www.hydeparkinn.com.au/

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

I think there are very few hotels/motels that offer 2 double beds in the one room BUT there can be a queen bed and 2 singles in the one room. Or - 1 queen bed , 1 single and a bed-settee.

www.seventeenapartments.citysearch.com.au - Elizabeth Bay

www.sleepexpressmotel.com - Homebush

www.centralrailwayhotel.com - Strawberry Hill

Though these are not in the Central Business District (CBD) - 'downtown', they certainly offer family rooms - 4 people.

You could ask for special rates for 5 nights.

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

As previous poster has said all Holiday Inn and Accor hotels have rooms with 2 double beds. We always stay at the Mercure Sydney-very close to central station and large rooms with 2 double beds.have never paid over $140 for 2 adults and 2 children.

10. Re: And the search for 2 double beds continues .....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2011, 05:18