We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Blue Mountains--Grayline or FJ tours?

singapore
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Blue Mountains--Grayline or FJ tours?

For a day trip to the Blue mountains, my hotel conceirge is recommending APT or Grayline. The included highlights are similar to other tours (eg FJ or Oz-trails), but they are much more expensive. Can anyone give me an idea why, & whether the extra expense is worth it?

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Blue Mountains--Grayline or FJ tours?

The best one would be the one that includes Euroka Clearing at Glenbrook in its stops. The big coaches ignore this, as they can't get in there (road too narrow), but the mini-buses do it quite easily. And a mini-bus tour is preferable, anyway, in my opinion, because the big coaches waste a lot of time organising their horde of passengers.

Tel
Great Yarmouth U.K
Level Contributor
665 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Blue Mountains--Grayline or FJ tours?

Hi nyaheathero. We did a Blue Mountain tour with oz trails. It cost A$68 each and was one of the cheapest at that time. We had a great day out with early morning pick up from any hotel.Jeff the guide was fantastic and everyone on the 20 seater bus were so friendly. Jeff drove a bit further than he should have done at the end of the day just to find us wild kangaroos. A fun day from start to finish.