We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney, GOR, Adelaide, Indian OD to Denham/MM, Perth, Sydney

Stevenage, UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney, GOR, Adelaide, Indian OD to Denham/MM, Perth, Sydney

I realise that I've left this a bit late as we are leaving for Sydney on Tuesday, but has anyone any suggestions for things to do in or daytrips from Sydney. We have been a couple of times before and have seen most of the main sights and also went to the Blue Mountains. Can anyone suggest any 'casual dress' restaurants serving good, local food.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains
New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney, GOR, Adelaide, Indian OD to Denham/MM, Perth, Sydney

Hi

Have you had a look at the FAQ's? (Little box rhs side of this page "more about Sydney"), lots of info there, not knowing your interests/food budget/tastea & what you've seen on previous visits!

For day trips there are lots of options including the Southern highlands & Canberra....

www.visitnsw.com/zone/Sydney_Surrounds.aspx…

http://www.visitcanberra.com.au/

Stevenage, UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney, GOR, Adelaide, Indian OD to Denham/MM, Perth, Sydney

Thanks Mikey36. Thanks for the web links. I am looking at the FAQ's but yesterday TA just kept crashing on me, hence the post. My OH is into photography - all types. We like seeing different places, scenery etc, We are definately not into 'action sports' - bridge climbing, bungee. white water rafting etc!, prefer seeing wildlife in its' natural habitat not zoos. When we came before we visited the Opera House, Tower, Gardens, Mrs M's chair, Darling harbour, Chinatown, the Rocks, Harbour cruise, general 'walking about', Bondi, Manly, Blue Mountains, Canberra. We would like to visit the fish market this time. Any other suggestions would be great. Average food budget, casual as opposed to fine, as we are not bringing clothes that would meet 'fine dining' requirements. We like most food except Indian, Mexican, Japonese and pizza. Had a couple of meals each time previously at James Squires (superb pork!) but I read on another forum that this has gone decidedly downhill, which is disappointing.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney, GOR, Adelaide, Indian OD to Denham/MM, Perth, Sydney

try the bondi to bronte walk for great photos.....the walk actually goes all the way to coogee beach. lovely coastal pictures here.

hmmm...the sculptures by the sea exhibition (free) might be on at this time.

sorry info is quite brief...am overseas at the moment and unable to give you links etc. hope someone will hop in with additional help.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
748 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney, GOR, Adelaide, Indian OD to Denham/MM, Perth, Sydney

What about the South Coast? Take a drive down to Jervis Bay for the day (3 hrs each way) and see the whitest sands in the world, and some lovely national park. You could also catch a train to Kiama and see the blowhole, or Gerringong (one stop further) to go to the beach there (nice for swimming), or Berry, a small village with some nice shops.

The Hawkesbury River (mentioned in one of the "Day Trip" pages in the info section on Sydney) is also worth a visit, very different from the Blue Mountains, etc.

The Southern Highlands (on the way to Canberra) are also worth a visit.

If you like wine, the Hunter Valley has some nice wineries.

Fish Market is accessible by tram from Central Station - the stop is across the road from the Fish Markets.

Mentioned in this post
Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains
Southern Highlands
Southern Highlands
5. Re: Sydney, GOR, Adelaide, Indian OD to Denham/MM, Perth, Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 05:17