We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Friday - What will be open?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
290 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Good Friday - What will be open?

Hi! We will be in Sydney for the Holy Week. On Good Friday, we plan to go to Taronga Zoo. Will that be open? Any tips on how to spend Good Friday and Easter Sunday with kids ages 6, 4 and 2?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Friday - What will be open?

According to their website (which I just checked), Taronga Zoo opens every day, so it will be open on Good Friday.

Instead of asking 'what will be open', make a list of the places you want to visit and check their websites for opening hours. It's quicker way for you to get the information and you get it directly from the source.

You might also want to check threads that were posted in the lead up to Easter 2010. They will give you a good idea of what is open.

Finally, check the Sydney Timeout website closer to your travel time to see what else is on.

Happy planning!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Friday - What will be open?

I would suggest the the Royal Easter Show

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
290 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Friday - What will be open?

What a great idea! I would have never found that on my own. Thanks Marley2!

Sydney
Level Contributor
392 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Friday - What will be open?

You might want to be careful about the Show on Good Friday - it is usually a very busy day and sometimes the crowds can irritate ... especially if its a hot day.

bathurst, australia
Level Contributor
267 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Friday - What will be open?

Hi

May be even a rugby league game might be fun and i also beleive it to be anzac weekend. Saint George Dragons play Eastern Suburbs roosters on Easter Sunday.Also the Anzac day march is worth a look.

Cheers,

Pomlea.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
290 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Friday - What will be open?

Do you know if the ferry to Manly will be open on Good Friday? Will the shops and restaurants be open as well over at Manly?

I have checked and Oceanworld Manly is open from 10am-5:30pm. We'd like to do that.

We will arrive from Hunter Valley on Good Friday and I am looking for an afternoon activity for the kids.

Coffs Harbour...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Friday - What will be open?

Footy is a good idea tigers playing at the sfs

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Friday - What will be open?

Ferries are part of the public transport system so they run every day.

Oceanworld is right next to the ferry wharf. You could also wander down the Corso to the beach and have fish and chips or an ice cream. If it's a warm enough day for swimming,Shelly Beach is a lovely protected beach ideal for kids - a 10 minute walk from Manly beach.

If the weather is bad, the Powerhouse museum powerhousemuseum.com/visit/…26charges.php

and the Australian Museum http://australianmuseum.net.au/Admission are both open.

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Friday - What will be open?

The Manly Seaeagles are playing the Penrith Panthers at Brookvale oval on Good Friday night at 730pm if you are wanting a football game on in the area??

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Friday - What will be open?

Last time I check PH museum does not open on Good Friday.