We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long term parking Sydney Airport

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Long term parking Sydney Airport

We are driving from Canberra and flying out of Sydney - gone for 23 days. Can anyone recommend a reliable, secure long term parking provider? Some of the ones I have come across are : discountairportparking, airportezyparking, parknfly, Airportsydneyparking and Airport car parking direct.

Angela

58 replies to this topic
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long term parking Sydney Airport

the only time i used one of those off airport parking companies (sorry cant remember which one) i got my car back with a few extra hundred km on the clock. really i would be flying up from canberra the night before if i had to and staying at an airport hotel. i would imagine the cost would be about the same as the parking for 3+ weeks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,442 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long term parking Sydney Airport

So far as I can tell, all the inexpensive long-term car parking at Sydney airport is run by cowboys. The airport's own long-term parking, although not cheap, is at least secure: you park the car yourself and nobody moves it while you are away.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long term parking Sydney Airport

I've been using Park 'n' Fly for a year or so and am very happy with their service and think their pricing is pretty reasonable, too.

However, you might consider booking into an airport hotel & using their car parking while you're away. Friends have done this a couple of times at the Holiday Inn and it works well for them. Don't know what the costs are, but must be reasonable or they'd park elsewhere.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long term parking Sydney Airport

Just putting this link in here from another thread in case you are interested and missed it

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255060-i122-k4255…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long term parking Sydney Airport

Hi Angela

We travel to the airport from Batemans Bay and often need long-terrm parking. We stay at Abcott Inn at Sylvania the night before and the tariff includes 14 days parking and they charge a very minimal fee (i.e $30.00) for another two weeks. It is $50.00 cab fare each way to the airport, which works out about the same or a bit less than a month's parking at some dodgy car park.

Also saves getting on a long-haul flight after 5 hours in the car!

Jodi

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long term parking Sydney Airport

DO NOT USE MASCOT AIRPORT VALET PARKING/MASCOT VALET

I tried to book with them online, and then on the phone. I was astounded by their rudeness and belligerence.

I fly frequently, and I have tried all of the following, and the difference between the 3 is marginal. They were all courteous, reasonably priced, and punctual.

Sydney airport parking

Discount airport parking

Airport Ezy Parking

I would rather walk from Newcastle to Sydney Airport than use MASCOT AIRPORT VALET

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Long term parking Sydney Airport

Avoid Mascot Airport Valet Parking at all costs! This business is a nightmare to deal with and they will try to scam you like they did with me!

- I booked over the phone and the female attendant was extremely rude. I checked with her than my Groupon voucher was still valid by telling her my number, she said it was, and booked my car in to park it there.

- When I got there at the allocated time - the (same) female attendant advised me that my voucher wasn't valid - she said she could tell by the way she had written it up in her book.

- She indicated that I could still maintain my booking if I paid her about $50 there and then, (on top of the amount I had already paid to Groupon). I told her that she had already confirmed that the voucher was in fact valid over the phone, and that I would never have brought it in if she had indicated otherwise. She then agreed to take on the booking without this additional fee (but did charge an extra $5 for the bus transfer to the airport).

- I had a sick feeling leaving the car with them as I headed off to the airport and my instincts proved to be correct.

- When I went to collect the car a few days later - she advised me that there would be an additional $25 charge, as I had stayed an extra day! When I booked in over the phone I told her the exact days. If anything she had made a mistake or understated the duration that I was to leave the car there which I suspect is more the case.

- The experience was extremely exploitative, frustrating and intimidating, and I can sense that this happens often there. They had a group of men out the from to back her up in case there were any heated discussions with customers and to intimidate customers into paying extra.

Mascot Airport Valet Parking are scammers and cannot be trusted at all. I warn you not to use them at all or your experience an equally unpleasant - if not worse.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long term parking Sydney Airport

Hi Angela, I would check out this website for parking: http://www.parkingmadeeasy.com.au/

They have spots all over the city, and probably near the airport too. I left my car in a lady's secure car park for over 5 weeks while I was in Europe just a few months back. It was located in Alexandria, only a $10 cab ride away from the airport and the rate was $35 per week.

Hope that helps!

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Long term parking Sydney Airport

It is so typical to see fake reviews from business competition from posters with only one post as the 1st above.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Long term parking Sydney Airport

Reviewing Sydney AirPark at Wolli Creek:

The catch in utilizing their facility is that you are "required" to leave your vehicle's keys with them for them to be able to move it around in your absence to make room for other vehicles. Nowhere is this spelled out in the booking process, confirmation email or on their website's FAQ (as of time of writing) or even in any fine print and it came as a last minute surprise to me from the attendant while dropping my car off. My car was unusually dusty on the inside when I got back a few days later although the odometer reading was just the same as when I had left it. I'm making a point to write this review because I would have shied away from using their service if I was made aware of this requirement in advance. If you feel queasy about leaving your keys with them as I did, this is not the parking for you.

Otherwise, airport drop off and pick up was fine and went without a hitch. One of the cheaper parking options near the airport for those on a shoestring budget.

Reply to: Long term parking Sydney Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted