We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days Parking at Domestic Airport any inexpensive companies

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
7 days Parking at Domestic Airport any inexpensive companies

my better half insists on working all day and then driving to the domestic airport this time round as will usually use the train then the bus . So i am looking for a trust worthy operator who will have a reliable shuttle bus, and not charge the like a wounded Bull!

I have used with some satisfaction the Remote Long Term - Unshaded parking T2 T3 before but some of the other parking operators off site at Mascot and Wolli Creek reckon they will do it for nearly half price!

but i am a little sceptical,So dear people can any one recommend an cheaper off site parking company for Sydney Airport

many thanks in anticipation for the sensible reply's

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,652 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days Parking at Domestic Airport any inexpensive companies

this might help http://www.parknfly.com.au/home.aspx

I've only used them for a long week-end, not sure what others charge so they may not be competative, but for convenience they're pretty good.

australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days Parking at Domestic Airport any inexpensive companies

thank you thmoore

i have used them in the past and they were Ok and parking was in a multi-storey car park but they are quoting $140 , whereas parking.sydneyairport.com.au is quoting $122 and the cheapest but not tried is quoting around $70,

I just wish we had the options Melbourne Airport has since its much better value for both flights and parking than Sydney

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days Parking at Domestic Airport any inexpensive companies

I know you've seen this Kev, but other readers may have missed it - FYI

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255060-i122-k4255…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,832 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 days Parking at Domestic Airport any inexpensive companies

I've only ever used the remote long-term parking (for the domestic terminal) and have been happy (well, as happy as I can be parting with money lol) and have only once had to wait a while to get on a bus back to the carpark. My boss has used one of the car parks located near the airport and his gripe was tha he had to wait quite a while to be taken to the airport and when he returned he really waited to be picked up. He did save a couple of dollars, but I think he wasted more time than dollars saved.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,939 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 days Parking at Domestic Airport any inexpensive companies

So far as I can make out, you get what you pay for. Go for the cheapest price, and you will get a bunch of incompetent cowboys.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,868 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 days Parking at Domestic Airport any inexpensive companies

Purely by mistake a few weeks ago we ended up doing this...

(believe me son has copped a huge blast)

Left the car parked outside the units in George St Mortdale then caught the train to the airport, son was supposed to pick car up and take it home but he forgot....he picked the car up when we rang for him to collect us at airport 5 days later....

Spoke to friends who also do a similar thing, at Sutherland, park the car near the units ..they've done it a few times now and never had a problem...

Now I'm not guaranteeing this is the ideal choice but if $$$ is a huge issue??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 days Parking at Domestic Airport any inexpensive companies

Everytine I drive past those streets at Brighton Le Sands near the ariport I always think about how easy it woul;d be to leave the car there and catch a taxi. I have friends who do it and they have never had a problem. The streets on the left hand side off General Holmes Drive (coming from Cronulla) have no time limits! But I would worry that someone would call the police and report a duimped car!

Jodi

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 days Parking at Domestic Airport any inexpensive companies

I guess whether you take the risk and leave your car on a residential street depends on what it's worth and if you are concerned about it, what if anything your car insurance will pay out on should the car be damaged or stolen.

When push comes to shove, the insurance company may consider that your car has not been garaged at the "usual" place you nominated when you took out your insurance if something untoward happens.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind someone taking my car off my hands provided the insurance company paid out - lol

9. Re: 7 days Parking at Domestic Airport any inexpensive companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 19:16