We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney tower - do or skip?

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney tower - do or skip?

Trying to fit it all in... but looking like this might be tough to get in! We'll be doing the bridgeclimb, so does that give us a high enough view of the city? Also doing the tower in Melbourne if that helps. :)

Blue Mountains Day Trip and River...
696 reviews
from US$167.55*
Sydney BridgeClimb
973 reviews
from US$127.89*
All Inclusive Blue Mountains...
123 reviews
from US$169.98*
Special Offer
Blue Mountains Wildlife Day Tour from...
1,037 reviews
from US$62.73*
US$125.46
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
885 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney tower - do or skip?

While the view of the whole of the Sydney basin from Sydney Tower is great, if you're already forking out money for the Bridgeclimb, I'd give Sydney Tower a miss. That is, unless you're real adrelanine junkies and need to do the glass-floored platform "Skywalk" on Sydney Tower. You'll get enough of that in the glass cube in Melbourne :-)

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney tower - do or skip?

u wont see much of sydney from the melbourne tower ;-)

but if time does not allow it it's ok to skip the sydney one esp if u are doing the bridge climb.

and maybe it's ok to skip it. period.

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney tower - do or skip?

Thanks to you both! I think we'll skip it.

Lien you are a hoot!

Sydney
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney tower - do or skip?

That said it can be worth going up to either Sydney Tower (360 bar) or Australia Square Tower (Orbit Bar at Summit restaurant) just for a drink. Much cheaper - beers are $8-10 and you get a drink. Both revolve taking 45-60min and can be a nice way to start an evening!

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney tower - do or skip?

I also heard the bar at shangri la 36th floor is one of the top 15 bars in the world with a view! Cool!

Montreal, Que
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney tower - do or skip?

Has anyone tried the OzTrek in the tower? I wish I could see all of Australia..but it would take years :-D Thought this could be fun. Any idea of admision charge?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,136 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sydney tower - do or skip?

Hi Jewels

Here are some reviews for the tower - some are of Oztrek as well

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g255060…

I've not done Oztrek, but I can recommend the observation deck as a great way of seeing Sydney if you go on a clear day.

Montreal, Que
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sydney tower - do or skip?

thank you Mia :-)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sydney tower - do or skip?

I was also going to also suggest the 360 bar in Australia Square for an evening drink so you can combine evening drinking with viewing! We always go there when in Sydney and I love it. Go right on Sunset and have a champers with the best view ever and then off to dinner. So relaxing.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sydney tower - do or skip?

I really enjoy going up Sydney Tower, though perhaps because it lets me see my whole life from a different angle

I've been up towers in other cities and it just wasn't as good (KL, Berlin) - even with the printed info, the locations meant nothing to me and I found it pretty boring