We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customer Service

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Customer Service

Having seen a couple of posts regarding the standard of service provided by some companies, I felt I should relate a tale which demonstrates the different standards of customer care provided by those in the travel industry. As part of our recent visit to Sydney, we had arranged, in advance, to do the Harbour Bridge Climb and an Evening Cocktail Cruise in Sydney Harbour. On arrival in Sydney, I checked my vouchers and was horrified to find that my holiday company had somehow, managed to arrange both trips for dates two weeks prior to our arrival in Sydney. I telephoned the Bridge Climb organisation who could not have been more sympathetic and helpful and were more than happy to re-arrange another date for the climb (they also took my hotel number and called me back rather than have me hanging on the line). What a different experience with Captain Cook Cruises, who put me on hold and eventually followed up by explaining that they could not re-arrange another date and since my holiday company in the UK had made the mistake, I had to take the matter up with them. Now I know that the errors had been made by my holiday company, but what a contrast in customer service/relations between both of these organisations. Both of them had been paid for the service but only one seemed to recognise that fact, the logistic difficulties in that our holiday provider was several thousand miles away (and in a different time zone) and that we were on a fairly tight schedule as part of our tour of Australia and New Zealand. In short, I cannot praise the Bridge Climb staff enough for ensuring a much anticipated experience was achieved. Pity I

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,707 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Customer Service

Ergo..Cairns can rip tourist off yet Sydney should be criticisef for travel servise...

OHHHHH goooooody hencfworth I should post avoid Cairns at all costs they will rip you off

(you said it)

42. Re: Customer Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 March 2011, 14:05
Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Customer Service

i have no issue at all at pointing out the tourism rip offs in Cairns. I have had my head bitten off how many times for doing just that. It was never a Cairns vs Sydney thing, that is plain silly.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,707 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Customer Service

so why respond with a reef v bridgeclimb....

45. Re: Customer Service

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 March 2011, 15:35
46. Re: Customer Service

Removed on: 27 March 2011, 14:05
Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Customer Service

Whatever. The important thing is that travellers get accurate advice. To me that is the Bridge Climb exploits the fact there is no competition and is a rip off.

You think it good value. That is all you had to say.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,707 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Customer Service

Yeah well there's only one Sydney Harbour Bridge and having seen the one in newcastle there's no comptetition

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Customer Service

"Yeah well there's only one Sydney Harbour Bridge and having seen the one in newcastle there's no comptetition"

It is however akin to the Eiffel Tower

13 Euro

tour-eiffel.com/preparing-your-visit/buying-…

So for many international travellers it is prohibitive price. Some can afford it but it is the ones that cannot I speak for.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,707 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Customer Service

As a well seasoned traveller if you cant afford it you choose not to do it...PERSONAL.....

those who cant afford dont even ask///