We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Syney

England
Level Contributor
4,699 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Syney

I've been montoring this over the last few weeks and it always says more or less the same...

scattered showers

I appreciate the summer is deneraly wetter than the winter(?)

what's it been like on the ground, so to speak?

when does the dry season normaly kick in.?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
892 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Syney

Trickster, over the past few days it looks like the true Sydney autumn has arrived. Mostly clear days, temps up to the mid-20s C, crisp (to our senses) nights (around 12 C inland, 19 C near the coast). Risk of showers but, I hope, not in the inevitable way the UK Met Office predicts them

England
Level Contributor
4,699 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Syney

That's a relief.

I was packing me wellies.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,137 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Syney

<<I appreciate the summer is deneraly wetter than the winter(?) >>

Not always, this last summer was one of our driest (then had a very wet March!) & we have wet winters as well.

<<when does the dry season normaly kick in.?>>

Sept.is one of the driest months (One of the reasons the Olympics were held then).

I 'm pretty sure we gave you all the weather links in previous threads, but this is a good one that shows a radar of what's happening now in tersms of rainfall as well as the forcast...

www.abc.net.au/sydney/weather/…

No need for wellies, but a spray jacket & umbrella may be required!

Edited: 03 April 2011, 22:14
England
Level Contributor
4,699 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Syney

Yes I got those links thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
748 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Syney

November and December are usually some of our wettest months - mostly because Sydney cops a lot of storms around then.

We are also in the middle of a La Niña pattern - hence floods in Victoria and Queensland and western NSW, the coastal areas have missed out on the huge rainfall that other areas of the country have had.

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Syney

Was thinking as this type of topic comes up every now and again, I was thinking of starting a thread for those of us living here to update daily or however frequent the weather on the ground.

Would be much more accurate for visitors to hear from us rather the BOM or otherwise.

I know that the weather differs from those of us that live in east to those that live north, south or west etc.

eg. I watched it pour down over western sydney from my balcony yet we had blue skies. Or one year we had blue skies while the fires were raging in the Blue Mountains and some of the northern suburbs.

And in turn make that thread a sticky.

We did start one in London but the weather changes hourly so it was pointless...

Thoughts?

Brad

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Syney

"Would be much more accurate for visitors to hear from us rather the BOM or otherwise

you think?

where would 'we' get 'our weather' info from then?

looking out the window maybe. ;-)

really the BOM site should be the only reference for forecasts and weather data in general.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Syney

Well - it's bloody lovely here today. Perfect Sydney autumn weather. Sky is a brilliant blue - temp about low 20's C.

This IS just looking out the window, mind you - and ambling about in the garden.....

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Syney

Margo is right. A beautiful day here and I have just come in after sitting in the garden , enjoying the warm sunshine and reading the weekend papers with a coffee.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Syney

Yes, the weather today was lovely - I left home about 10am and (according to the radio) it was about 12C where I live (south-western Sydney) and my sister and I then drove to Baulkham Hills to visit friends for the day. I was a bit hot in the car but the weather couldn't have been better. Got back to my sister's in time to put the chooks away and it had turned nice and crisp with a lovely cool breeze. On day's like today, I wouldn't be dead for quids :-)