We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post City to Surf Celebrations

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Post City to Surf Celebrations

We are a big group looking to enjoy a long lunch in August after the City to Surf Run - staying at Bondi Junction. Any suggestions Restaurants/Cafes/Bars please.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
976 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post City to Surf Celebrations

Hi tropical23 How large a group? Preferred price range? Will give locals a better idea to make recommendations

Edited: 09 May 2011, 10:28
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post City to Surf Celebrations

Forget about anything near Bondi Beach - it's packed.

A big group of runners with the thirst to match - I would suggest the beer garden at the Coogee Bay Hotel. Surprisingly, the food's not too bad and the location is to die for. There's a bus from BJ to Coogee. (or you could run there from Bondi after the C2S ;-))

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Post City to Surf Celebrations

Maybe up to 40 of us - midrange to suit all pockets hopefully.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
976 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Post City to Surf Celebrations

If it's around 40 of you, I'd concur with Eva's recommendation to get away from Bondi Beach. Coogee Bay Hotel can be busy on a Sunday - but so will any place in the eastern suburbs on a weekend.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,705 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Post City to Surf Celebrations

Why not look at a corporate style thing...organise a spot in one of the parks not too far away (maybe even along the clifftop on the glamaramma walk) and get a caterer in....picnic hampers delivered etc... I wont recc a caterer as I will transgress guidelines

the Coogee Bay is already possibly fairly heavily booked ( know people who finsih off their each year)

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Post City to Surf Celebrations

I think Coogee is a dumb idea. The last thing you want to do after a 14km run is to try and get there (1hr walk or 2 buses, which 40 ppl wouldn't even fit on).

Everywhere in Bondi itself will be absolutely packed, and most cafes/restaurants are quite small.

I'd suggest the food court at Bondi Junction which has restaurant quality food and stunning harbour views (especially if you get a table on the balcony) - though you won't be able to drink. Perhaps consider one of the clubs in Bondi Junction (Eastern Suburbs Leagues Club for example)

40ppl is tons, it's going to be a massive challenge to find somewhere to eat at midrange prices

7. Re: Post City to Surf Celebrations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 23:17