We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving at Hardy Reef or Hayman Island

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
st. louis, misouri
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Diving at Hardy Reef or Hayman Island

We are going on a Seabourn Cruise early March. On March 17 the ship stops at Hardy Reef at 7:30 am from which they offer a snorkeling day. The ship then moves to Hayman Island. We would like to dive during this time frame--either from Hardy Reef or from Hayman Island, but I have not been able to find a dive boat at either Hardy Reef or Hyman Island. Any suggestions??? Thanks so much. Jan

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,868 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving at Hardy Reef or Hayman Island

Does Seabourn not offer a dive option?

There is a pontoon i think at hardy reef which is operated by Cruise Whitsundays. This may be your best chance..(if not it's fantasea)

As far as a dive goes the best place to go is on Hardy reef.

Snorkel for fish at Blue pearl II, best coral is on the Wall...which is the southern end of Blue pearl I

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,868 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving at Hardy Reef or Hayman Island

Forgot ot mention...Blue pearl is on hayman..

Level Contributor
712 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving at Hardy Reef or Hayman Island

Very impressive GW - I think we have a water baby in our midst. I think you hit the options on the head. There is a dive operation on Hayman but they may insist you are a guest (owned and operated by Hayman) There is also a dive operator on Hamilton called H2O Sportz - unsure if they will swing by and to a pick up. Other than that, GWs suggestion of Seabourn having dive option - they have an entire watersports shop on board with facilities for dive tanks, gear etc - so would expect they would offer their own dives from their personal zodiacs/tenders??? Best check with them first.

st. louis, misouri
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving at Hardy Reef or Hayman Island

We were surprised but Seabourn does not offer any diving excursions and I must say they are really not at all helpful about offering aany advice at all. I was surprised, but because of that we are having a hard time finding someone. Thank you for your advice. Jan

st. louis, misouri
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving at Hardy Reef or Hayman Island

You know I think Seabourn used to offer diving off a platform on the back of the ship, but they no longer do that--and apparently they no longer offer advice--aaaargh--it really is a challenge. Thanks for any help you can offer. jan

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving at Hardy Reef or Hayman Island

Hayman is ok but Hardy is the definite pick, it's outer reef so you won't get much better. I dived there a few times. beautiful