We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day tripper passes

Townsville...
Level Contributor
398 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
day tripper passes

Are they still avail?

we will be in sydney for 4 nights staying at the Rydges, and plan to go to Bondi, Manly, Taronga, and around the place night and day.

Is there also one that includes the train to and from the airport also, or since there is 3 of us should we just cab each way for that??

Cheers

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day tripper passes

MyMymulti Daytripper passes are available for $20 per person per day.

You may want to consider a MyMulti, if you are using transport for three days or more. They start at $41, for a MyMulti-1 which covers all buses, ferries, and trains within around 10-15km of the city centre.

The airport stations have a gatepass of $11.80, so in addition to the MyMulti or Daytripper you will need to pay $11.80 per person to get on or off at an airport station.

You can get the 400 bus at the airport, which doesn't have a gatepass, which will take you to Mascot or Rockdale stations. But that may be a hassle, and just easier to take a cab or pay the gatepass fee.

Edited: 27 May 2011, 06:41
Sydney
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day tripper passes

I realised there were a few ambigous sentences in my last post.

You can consider a MyMulti Daytripper, or a MyMulti Weekly. The MyMulti Daytripper covers all three zones for $20. The weekly variety comes in three zone varieties, 1, 2 and 3, for $41, $48 and $56 for a week.

All the weekly MyMulti tickets cover ALL buses and ferries. The difference is in what trains they cover. MyMulti-1 covers trains out to about 10-15km from the city. MyMulti-2 covers trains out to nearly the edge of the Sydney metro area. MyMulti-3 covers all of Sydney, Wollongong, Newcastle, the Blue Mountains and Southern Highlands.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
398 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day tripper passes

I think the fartherest we would be going is Manly, and Bondi, usually stick right in the city. Just thought a multipass would be better served this time round. My Multi weekly 1 would probably suffice u think? Do i just buy at the first train station I use?

Will I be able to use that pass on the Manly ferry?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
748 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day tripper passes

Yes - MyMulti1 covers the Manly ferry.

Sydney
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: day tripper passes

You can buy the MyMulti weekly at any train station and most convenience stores as well!

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day tripper passes

When you arrive at the airport, you can buy the ticket at the Airport Station and catch the train into the city.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
972 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day tripper passes

The MyMulti 1 can be bought at airport link stations and used to get to the city.

As inas66 pointed out, you'll pay a gatepass fee of $11.80 per person each way to use the airport station.

For three of you, that would equate to most if not all of the cab fares in and out of the city (allowing, as always, for the time of day you're travelling). Also much easier for you and your luggage to be delivered to and collected from your hotel, rather than schlepping your bags onto a suburban train and then across to Rydges (presume you mean World Square) from Central Station.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day tripper passes

Another point is that you said that there is 3 in your group.What are the ages?and what days will you be here?

From what you said that the furthest you will go is Manly and Bondi,and also visit Taronga Zoo,may i suggest a couple of other options?

With the Zoo,you can purchase a zoolink ticket which covers transport and entry to the Zoo(buy at any train station or at Circular Quay).Most attractions in the city are walkable or utilise the free 555 city shuttle.If not wanting to wait for that standard route services can take you close to many if not all tourists areas(but these are pre-pay services,buy tickets before you ride and available at any convenience store or transport kiosk)except Saturday and Sunday.If you can give us a clue on some sort of itinerary may be able to make things easier or even save some money.Aslo try these sites;

www.131500.info

www.sydneybuses.info

www.airportlink.com.au

www.taronga.org.au

9. Re: day tripper passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2012, 05:31