We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

UK
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

Hi, We are visiting Sydney mid april, what is the weather likely to be like and what sort of clothing should we bring. Any help would be appeciated. Thanks,

Sydney. Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

Still very warm usually 25-28C each day but bring a light jacket for the evenings it tends to cool off a bit...we can have some cooler days then as well....today it is 22C and on Saturday it was 37C so you could say we can get 4 seasons in one week here!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,346 posts
1,514 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

mid april can be changeable, it is always cool at night.you will need to bring a coat, its more long sleeve cotton shirt weather..and the water temperature is cool at this time of the year.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

Taste in weather is individual, but for me April is the best weather of the year! Warm days, nights cool enough to sleep and lower humidity. Right now the weather is the pits- up to 98% humidity and really enervating.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

Hi Dowlo

I'll just throw my two pennies in...

Now untill the end of April is some of the best weather around, we often recommend to our friends and family from the UK to visit us in Autumn as find the weather to be more reliable. Espically around Sydney and down the far south coast.

All the Best

Hybrid-travel

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

Everyone above is exactly right. The second half of April is my very favourite time of the year in Sydney, as far as weather is concerned.... and it's pretty wonderful all year round! You have chosen well.

london
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

Hi- this isn't really a reply, but a follow-up question-> how likely is it to be able to go to the beach and get tanned this time of year? Thanks

Tel
Great Yarmouth U.K
Level Contributor
665 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

Take a look at www.wunderground.com and you can see what the weather was like in Sydney over the past years on any month you want.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

If you get a spot out of the wind, you can tan on the beach even in July. Being very fair-skinned, of Scottish/German descent, I coat myself in blockout every day of the year. April has the advantage in that the water temperature is warmer than in spring, but the weather is variable all year round and you need to bring some long sleeved stuff and jumpers as well as more summery clothes. My daughter is off to London in three weeks and is in shock to learn that she might need a coat! "but I thought it is spring there"

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,346 posts
1,514 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

If you find a sheltered spot ..and coming from the U.K you may find the water temperature warm, you may even get a slight colour.

Queensland is the better place for tanning at this time of the year.

I would find the water temp in Sydney too cold.

min temp weather 14.7min - 22.4 max in April.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather mid to end of April in Sydney?

Current water temp is 23.7. I'm not sure how much it will cool down in the next month, but we are expecting maximums of over 30 for the next three days, so it is still very warm.