We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
641 reviews
Save Topic
Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

We are coming to Sydney for our honeymoon in 3 weeks. We want to see teh Rocks (shop at Queen Victoria as well), walk across the Sydney Bridge, go up the Sydney Tower, take a Sydney Opera House tour, see the Botanical Gardens, go on the tall ships BBQ cruise, take a ferry to Manley and take a walk there, see Darling, and take a day trip to the Blue Mountains...and we have 3 days in which to fit it in!! Yikes!!! I am trying to set up the order in which we do things so that we do all the things in the same area at the same time and don't spend alot of time bouncing from one area to the next. My questions are these: What time should be leaving for the Blue Mountains? I am not sure if we should go to the Opera House first or is it better to go to the Blue Mountains and get there before the crowds? We were thinking about making a brief stop at the zoo on the way back. Should we drive to Darling or can we catch the ferry to Darling and then catch a ferry from Darling to Manley, and then back to Circular Quay? We are staying at the Marriott at Circular Quay. SHould we be booking the Opera House tour in advance? If so, should we see the Botanical Gardens which is close to them, and then take a 9am tour or is it better to take the ferry early because the later ferries get crowded and then fit in the Opera later? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. We usually get up early so getting up early to beat the crowds is no problem and we will have a car so we can drive where we need to go. Thank you.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

Don't know if this helps? We've just returned from 2 days in Sydney (nowhere near long enough!) . . . we stayed at Darling Harbour, arriving at 7am on day 1, and tried to walk off the jet lag! Our walk took us . . . along Darling harbourside, under the harbour bridge, through The Rocks, around Circular Quays to the Opera House. Then through the Botanical Gardens (these are huge - look out for the flying foxes!), then up the Sydney Tower, past some very up-market shops, then taking the monorail to Paddy's Market and Chinatown, getting back to our hotel at 5ish .

If you want to walk over the bridge, and do the Opera House tour too, you'll be pushed to do Central Sydney all in one day, I think. I'm guessing you'll need at least a full day to see the Blue Mountains. Then another to do your water based touring? You might just do it - good luck!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

weather may play a part (& if it's not fine I'd omit the BM's which will take a full day). All of the rest is easy to do from your accommodation - walk to the Rocks, Bridge, Opera House(book the tour on the day), Botanical gardens, Circular Quay where you can catch the ferry to Manly & Darling Harbour.

The Zoo requires several hours. You will only need a car to get to the BM's, although you can also get there by train & not worry about a car at all.

To get to Queen Victoria Building & Sydney Tower you could walk from your hotel (30-40 mins) or catch the free city 555 bus sydneybuses.info/free-shuttles/free-shuttle-…

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
641 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

Right now I have us doing the shopping, then Sydney Tower, Sydney bridge, the Rocks area, and then do the tall ships bbqcruise on the first day. On the second day, i have us taking the ferry to Darling, then to Manley, and then doing the Opera and Botanical Gardens when we get back. On the last day, I have us going to the Ble Mountains and then the zoo on the way back, but wasn't sureif I should do the Opera Tour at 9 am before I leave.Do I have attractions grouped so that things are close to each other? Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

I'm a bit bemused that shopping would be the 1st thing you'd do if you've not been to Sydney before. Given that you're staying right at Circular Quay & that area really is what most visitors to Sydney come for I'd be starting Day 1 there - bridge/Rocks/Opera House (check in to see tour availability)/gardens, then a ferry to Manly or the tall ships. If you have time after that perhaps head for the shops. (they're not that exciting!)

As I said previously the BM's are a full day (2hours drive or train), you wont have time to go to the zoo after (unless you mean Featherdale?)

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
641 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

Yes, I meant Featherdale. I loveto shop..lol. And I was thought there may have been a goodplaceto eat in the area that was not too expensive.

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
641 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

I alreadybooked the tall ships for5 pm on the first day.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

For shopping: Queen Victoria building, Pitt St, George St... good to shop. There is also a Westfields with a new ZARA - a store great for females, although it may be pricey.. its good too look around. The Westfields is a shopping centre/ mall but it has many many stores around the clothing catergory for women!

I love taking one day trips to the Blue Mountains. It is really cold there, but the scenery is beautiful :) From Sydney it takes a couple of hours so wake up at around 8am

http://www.bluemts.com.au/

Edited: 09 August 2011, 10:04
Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

Sounds exciting! Firstly, congratulations on getting married! I'd reiterate what a couple of others have said about the weather, especially for the zoo. There's a few showers predicted in a couple of days but by the time you come it should be fine!

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
641 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

I saw that the Queen Victoria bldg was beautiful so I wanted to see it. Thank you for your help.

10. Re: Help!!! with my honeymoon itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 17:17