We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch near Homebush

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
297 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch near Homebush

Hi everyone

Once again I am looking for advice on where to eat but this time somewhere near Homebush.

I am wanting to go to lunch somewhere nice, not too expensive and not too noisy - it could be near Rhodes or elsewhere in that general area. I live in Sydney but don't know these parts of Sydney well at all.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
828 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch near Homebush

If you have a car, the Armory Wharf Café at Newington is very pleasant and the location on the Parramatta River is great. It's to the west of the Olympics complex, at the end of Jamieson Street off Holker Street Silverwater.

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch near Homebush

Hi Aussi_Cygnet

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I'll be driving so should be able to fund that.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,715 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch near Homebush

Yes,

That's somehwere I thought of. easy to park too. How is it in wet weather though? I"ve only ever sat outside as i've been on the bike and it's been quite a while.

Edited: 11 August 2011, 23:35
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,715 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch near Homebush

PS I would have suggested bel parco for you but i think that has closed.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
828 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch near Homebush

GW - wet weather is fine. The 'new' (3 and a bit years old) cafe building has plenty of indoor seating, in addition to the covered area outside where they tend to ask the bike riders to sit.

ilab, if you're there on the weekend, the old Royal Australian Navy armory is open (free of charge) for you to have a wander around the grounds. If you're there during the week, the walk along the river or through the wetlands heading toward Sydney Olympic Park is worth the while. All of that is weather permitting, of course :-)

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch near Homebush

Thanks Aussie_Cygnet

I will be going there during the week, not the weekend so I hope it will be a lovely sunny day and I can have a walk. I think it might be a goer but I will have to check with my friends.

Thank you ever so much for your help.

Cheers

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch near Homebush

HI Aussie_Cygnet

Well, I went to the Armoury - location fantastic, nice, sunny day with a cool wind, easy parking but the food was ordinary. Many thanks for the suggestion - it turned out well and food wasn't our first priority anyhow:)

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
828 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch near Homebush

Thanks ilab. Yes, the food's nothing flash, but glad to hear you liked the location.

Sydney
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch near Homebush

Hi ilab,

If you're still looking for somewhere to eat near Homebush, I can recommend Abhi's Indian restaurant on Concord Rd in North Strathfield. We moved to the area about 3 months ago and we've been there twice already, with plans of returning again soon.

I don't normally go to Indian restaurants often, as I find the food is too heavy, but I love going to this one - the food is delicious and I don't feel like I've had too much (even when I probably have!). Don't know how busy it gets during lunchtime, but it's always packed at night (even weeknights), so I'd recommend booking beforehand.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,108 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch near Homebush

Oliveto on Bray's Bay at Rhodes is very nice indeed, if a little expensive. Great Italian food, wood fired pizza too if that is to your liking.