We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Australia

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Visiting Australia

Hiya

I am heading out to Australia on the 6th of November I was wanting to know what places around the country I should visit

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
339 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Australia

Main Places to see will be the Gold Coast,Sydney,Perth,Melbourne,Adelaide,Brisbane if you want to know what to see in each place search things to see and the place on the search bar on the top right corner

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Australia

check out www.australia.com or buy a good travel book. DK's 'australia' is a good option.

without knowing how long u r going to stay, what budget u have, what your interests are it is impossible to answer such a general question

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Australia

As already stated, without knowing your interests, it's difficult. I'm a bit surprised that with only 3 months to go, you don't have an itinerary. That said, the wife and I visited in January and took in Melbourne (visit friends), Uluru, Gold Coast (an alternative as had to cancel Cairns due to Cyclone Yasi), Brisbane and Sydney. Loved them all (even the unscheduled Gold Coast episode)and would recommend but really enjoyed Sydney and would suggest you spend at least 5 nights there.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Australia

Let us know how long you are coming for and what your interests are.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Australia

And seeing as Australia comprises more than Sydney, post in the Australia forum for more answers!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,360 posts
1,526 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Australia

Hi,

Its very important to list your interests so we can all advice you accordingly.

A) Interests - ???????

B) Are you a budget , middle of the road, luxury traveler ??

C) Do you plan to fly or drive between A - B ??

d) How long do you have for your trip to Australia ?

7. Re: Visiting Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 09:17