We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying at Meriton World Tower Apartments,

Melbourne
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
staying at Meriton World Tower Apartments,

hi there,

I will be in Sydney for 5 nights as of Wednesday while my friend will be occupied at a conference .

I've never been to Sydney before and havent had much time to research the place! I will pretty much be having a leisurely stay that's not too busy. Can anyone recommended any decent places for a good coffee or a bite close to our accommodation (Meriton) or even further, and also any locations that would be ideal to visit on foot or via transport, ferry etc... while I entertain myself?

thanks,

jenny

Australia
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying at Meriton World Tower Apartments,

Hey Jenny

I envy you. Always wanted to stay there but cant afford it :(

The World Square is literally surrounded by dozens of cafes, pubs, restaurants etc. Just downstairs u have Korean, Japanese, Chinese, sandwich places, coffee joints. Surrounding World Square u have a choice of Korean, Thai and Spanish places n every so often cafes.

To boot u can then take the 555 bus (free) that stops opposite World Square on George St n make yr way towards Circular Quay, the Opera House. Three blocks from World Square is the shopping hub of Sydney - QVB and the new Westfield Sydney.

So no you wont be bored...

Perth
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying at Meriton World Tower Apartments,

Shazam,

If you book the Meriton World Tower through this site www.myrez.com.au you can get a fantastic rate. We ended up being able to afford a stunning 2 brm apartment that I initially thought was out of our reach!

Edited: 06 September 2011, 10:09
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying at Meriton World Tower Apartments,

you can walk to paddy's market in the haymarket area (think queen victoria markets). there is also the marketcity shopping centre (above paddy's market)...some factory outlet shops there.

you could also walk down to darling harbour and then around to the chinese gardens, the national maritime museum, wildlife world, cockle bay cafes, king street wharf....

plenty to do within walking distance so bring good walking shoes.

as mentioned, the free 555 bus would also be useful for you.

babs.com.au/sydneycityedge/cbd_free_shuttle.…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying at Meriton World Tower Apartments,

You do have an array of restaurants at your finger tips.

Chinatown / Darling Harbour / Cockle Bay - just a short train / bus ride down to Circular Quay & The Rocks.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying at Meriton World Tower Apartments,

Thanks Ella.

Snapped up Meriton Campbell St at preopening rates of 99 p/n...

Stunning!

6. Re: staying at Meriton World Tower Apartments,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 14:15