We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas Premium Economy

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Qantas Premium Economy

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering how Premium Economy was on Qantas. Are the seats pretty comfortable (considering the long haul) and how much can you get your feet up and is the recline pretty good?

Thank you all in advance for your feedbacks! :)

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas Premium Economy

I'd be so bold as to say it's the best PE product around - perhaps I'm biased.

On the A380, the PE seats are on the upper deck with Business so it's also much more private and quieter.

You might want to post this question on the Air Travel forum as well.

If you have a look at seatguru you will get all the details of seat pitch etc.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,132 posts
1,404 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas Premium Economy

We have flown on the A380 on PC seats they are similar to the business class seats. They have been specially designed to allow more comfort than economy seats. See the link below with additional info on the seats.

qantas.com.au/travel/…en

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas Premium Economy

Best seats on the A380 are the exit row 38JK.

Here's a review:

ausbt.com.au/the-best-seats-in-premium-econo…

It's a small cabin, noise is not an issue.

Note: Qantas PE is usually considered to be 'Business Lite' not Economy Plus.

Edited: 25 October 2011, 03:04
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas Premium Economy

Quite possibly, the best in the sky (with prices to match)

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
572 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas Premium Economy

We flew PE on the last few Qantas long hauls (to/from London last year & this year). A380 was excellent - but 747 was better! Seats on the 747 (SNG-SYD) were the former business class seats so full horizontal instead of the long recline.

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Qantas Premium Economy

Thanks everyone! The PE are booked! Actregelar_tr..., I wish I would have read your review before I booked. We booked for the airbus both ways as I thought it would be better than the 747....oh well :) Can you get your feet up a good distance? Blutek, I will try very hard to get the 38jk seats. We are gold qantas members so I am not sure if that will help us in trying to get them or not?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
572 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qantas Premium Economy

I doubt you'll be disappointed with PE on the A380 - lots of leg room & a better recline than I get in my favourite chair at home (which I have been known to fall asleep in while watching TV at night...)

Only problem with the old business class PE on 747 was too much room! I couldn't reach my book & glasses in the back of the seat in front when I had my seat belt on. Pointed it out to the steward who was amused - said nobody had ever complained about too much room before.

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qantas Premium Economy

Have you done the seat selection in MYB. The only disadvantage with 38JK is that they are at the back of the UD - last for trolley service & a bit more aircraft movement. Row 34 bulkhead is next best if not blocked out. Would you have enough points for an upgrade to business.

Edited: 26 October 2011, 12:39
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qantas Premium Economy

The 747 Skybed offering is essentially a lucky glitch in QF's aircraft refurbishment.

On some routes, QF no longer offers First, yet its planes still have first seats. So business passengers (generally plat/gold) sit in First, and PE pax get moved up to the Skybeds.

Similarly, many 747s do not have PE seating, so you get a Skybed in those two.

You still do not get the Business meals/toiletries/lounge access however.

As QF updates its jets, this will no longer happen

10. Re: Qantas Premium Economy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 May 2012, 23:02