We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Connect shuttle transfers.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Connect shuttle transfers.

I will be arriving in Sydney next Tuesday (Dec.06) from Melbourne via a domestic terminal, and I'm figuring out the best way to travel from the airport to my hotel (Meriton Serviced Apartments, Campbell Street)

Airport Connect seems fairly well priced, but I'm just curious as to how other travellers have found them? Are they punctual/reliable etc.?

Edited: 29 November 2011, 05:35
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Airport Connect shuttle transfers.

Really? How is it that you found your way to the very thread on which every single poster advises against shuttles, after you did what could have been avoided?

Did the idea of checking BEFORE never occur to you? Even the most basic, cursory, check throws up red alerts.

Sorry, but as GW says, your tale isn't new news, and I can only hope you research other aspects of your travels before rather than after the event. Accommodation springs to mind.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Airport Connect shuttle transfers.

A bit late in replying. If you had bothered reading my lengthy post, you would see that I take the shuttle services in other states no problem. Read a bit about this shuttle and thought how bad could it be? I don't think sexual harassment will ever be one to expect from a shuttle service that's been operating a while.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,385 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Airport Connect shuttle transfers.

If you had bothered to look at our replies you will see they were directed at the poster of 31st August… not yours some 11months ago.

Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Airport Connect shuttle transfers.

i want to chime in on this cos we used airport connect yesterday. i called them about 12h before the required shuttle and they told me it's too late to book so I should just pay to driver. on the website it doesn't say how much it is if you don't buy in advance (online discount is 15$ if u buy return, 16$ for one way, which I was planning to buy). anyway, found their stop at Sydney airport and eventually a shuttle appeared, asking for passengers for various services, Airport Connect just one of them. he said one way is 15$... and we didn't get a receipt. ok, this was fairly risk free and we got to our hotel safe, but on the way back I will not risk it... taking train instead.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,754 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Airport Connect shuttle transfers.

TA have now changed their listing guidelines, and are now permitting reviews of Airport & ground transfers, Airport services, Bus services, Ferries, Public transportation systems, Rail services, Trams.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k8257…

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
36. Re: Airport Connect shuttle transfers.

I'm arrived at Sydney at 3.30 pm wait until 1 hour more to pick up..very bad management never travel with airport connect...very no happy...waste our time...

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
37. Re: Airport Connect shuttle transfers.

I bought 2 Airport Connect tickets from the Tourist information centre the day before I wanted to travel. When the bus did not arrive I rang the first of the numbers (mobile) on the accompanying form to find out what was wrong and got a driver with a heavy middle eastern accent who told me I had the wrong number and then hung up in my ear.

I then called the second number giving my name, booking number and other details but the operator seemed to be unaware that she had any of that information. I was asked when my plane left and when she realised that it was now too late for us to catch it her only response was to tell me that I would have to go back where I bought the tickets for a refund. No apology. No acceptance that Airport connect had caused us to miss our plane. Just a complete denial of any responsibility of any sort. I can't imagine a more irresponsible, unhelpful and unreliable company. They certainly soured an otherwise pleasant visit to Sydney. We finally caught a taxi outside the same hotel and paid $29.20 instead of the $30 I had paid for the two tickets from the non-existent bus.

38. Re: Airport Connect shuttle transfers.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2016, 06:16