We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney - Melbourne - Tasmania

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sydney - Melbourne - Tasmania

Hi

I was hoping you could give me some advice on what will be happening on the second weekend (from 9 to 11 of March) in Sydney. My friend and I are visiting Australia for the first time and are planning to spend 6 days in Sydney, 7 in Melbs. and 3 in Tasmania.

Some our friends suggested that it would be great to go to the close by islands but I have reviewed almost all of the adds in this forum and did not find anything about that....

Thank you ever so much for your help.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney - Melbourne - Tasmania

Things happening in Sydney 9 -11th March:

The Moonlight Cinema

The Harry Potter exhibition

The Tattoo and Body Art Expo

The Bondi Open Air Cinema

Twilight at Taronga Zoo

The Future Music Festival

Lots of different markets ie: Bondi Market, Glebe Market, The Rocks Market

The Night Noodle Market

Several Rugby Leauge and Soccer matches

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,165 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney - Melbourne - Tasmania

Hi Kalinka

What type of things are you interested in?

Have you read the top questions/FAQ's on the right hand sie of this page? There is information on "must sees" & trip reports from past visitors that may help you plan your visit.

The official Sydney tourism site also has lots of info www.sydney.com/events/search…

Mia

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney - Melbourne - Tasmania

What islands are you talking about?

Just bear in mind that the Australian formula1 grand prix is on in Melbourne from the 15 - 18 March. Accommodation will not only be harder to find, but also more expensive.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,018 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney - Melbourne - Tasmania

>>6 days in Sydney, 7 in Melbs. and 3 in Tasmania.<<

Sydney and Melbourne are cities. While there is a lot to see in them, many of the main attractions are in the centre and can be reached by walking or public transport. You could fill a week in each city but you could also reduce that time.

Tasmania is a state. 3 days is not long enough. You could either choose just one of the cities or you could add some days taken from elsewhere. If you want to see more than one city there are tours to specific places or there are buses between towns, but renting a car is the preferred way to travel around Tasmania. You would need more than 3 days to make that worthwhile.

>>Some our friends suggested that it would be great to go to the close by islands but I have reviewed almost all of the adds in this forum and did not find anything about that....<<

Are you talking about the tropical islands off the state of Queensland? Or are you talking about island nations in the Pacific like Fiji and so on? (Or, dare I ask, are you talking about New Zealand?) Where did you look and what search terms did you use?

5. Re: Sydney - Melbourne - Tasmania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 10:40