We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

los angeles
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

hi,

just thought i might find out where to eat near our hotel that has reasonable but yummy food? we're not big fancy-type eaters; we're fine with pub food and cafes.

thanks,

Playfair Cafe
£, Cafe, Australian
Two Good Eggs Cafe
££ - £££, Cafe, Australian
MO Surry Hills
££ - £££, Cafe, Australian
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,201 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

Hi

My fav pub in that area is the Australian Heritage http://www.australianheritagehotel.com/

There is a food FAQ if you look at the top questions/more about Sydney on the right hand side of this page where you will find information about pubs, cafes etc. Any in the Circular Quay/Rocks area will be close enough to the Hyatt to walk.

Mia

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Circular Quay
Circular Quay
3,516 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
los angeles
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

is it true that you can bring your own wine into any restaurant? do they charge corkage?

thanks,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,229 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

No, only those advertising or allowing "BYO" (bring your own). Many do allow it and it's worth asking when you book.

Corkage varies from no or minimal charge to $ 4/5 per head in some licensed restaurants where they want to encourage diners to buy from the in-house wine list.

Typically, smaller, casual cafes, bistros & restaurants will be and/or allow BYO.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

You're unlikely to be permitted to BYOG to a restaurant that's part of a pub, but as Bokhara says it's otherwise very widespread and it's best to check when booking (or check the place out in person before popping off to the bottle shop/liquor store)

los angeles
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

just found out that our hotel reservation is no good :(. hyatt was due to re-open the date of our arrival; the re-opening has now been delayed. now we're staying at the shangri-la. so i'm going to start a new thread for restaaurants near shangri-la :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

Hi socialgirl. The Shang is up the hill from the Hyatt, the Australian Heritage Hotel, the Glenmore or the Harbour View Hotel are all a short walk away and are great for a meal/drinks

Mentioned in this post
The Glenmore
The Glenmore
858 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney Harbour
Sydney Harbour
19,102 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,136 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

Australian is actually closer to the Shang than the Hyatt most of the pubs etc are between the two

los angeles
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

thanks for the replies. i'm still in a little shock with our trip being changed at the last minute. we leave in a week and got a phone call tonight from the hyatt about the delay. i hope the shangrila will be a nice substitute!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,201 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

I hope you're getting a great high level room/suite at the Shang to make up for the Hyatt!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,136 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reasonable restaurants near Hyatt Sydney? Pubs, cafes?

personally i like the Shang better than the Hyatt for $$ The sweeping views you get from the Shang knock your socks off in comparison to the low level look at the House from the Hyatt..