We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

We will be staying at the Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach for one night in July. Flying into Sydney at 7pm and leaving the next day from the airport at 3pm. There are 4 of us traveling (2 adults-2 children: 5yrs & 23 months). Better to take a taxi or a bus/train. How long would it take and would would the best rates be? Thanks! --any good cheap restaurants near the hotel you would suggest for breakfast/lunch too? Thanks.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

You can take the train one stop to Mascot suburban station and from there take the 370 bus to Coogee beach. But quite frankly for 4 people with luggage I'd suggest a cab. It's not that far to Coogee. Not sure of the exact fare but my guess would be no more than $40.

Edited: 14 April 2012, 03:06
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

The hotel's site says $30.00. Children must be seated in proper restraints in cars and taxis.

see http://tiny.cc/mdgqcw

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
928 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

Definitely taxi. Ask the attendant at the taxi queue to call up a cab with child restraints suitable for your children's ages/sizes.

Plenty of restaurant/cafe choices near the Crowne Plaza - just have a stroll around and see what takes your fancy

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

Thank you so much for your help. We'll take a taxi!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

So just when I thought a taxi would be best, I now have another idea---would it be significantly cheaper to take public bus 400 from the airport to Bondi Junction Bus Interchange and then catch a taxi from there to the Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach? I read that the bus tickets would be about $3.80 each and since both of our kids will be under 5 at the time they'd be free, right? Would that work?

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

with baggage for a family of four.?

on a public transport bus?

i think not.

the miniscule savings of this plan are just not worth the hassle.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

The luggage aspect could be a problem but, if you decide to take the 400 bus ,you don't have to go all the way to Bondi Junction. You take it to the Prince of Wales Hospital at Randwick and then get a Coogee bus to the beach.

Sydney
Level Contributor
120 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

There is actually a private shuttle from the airport to Coogee which would be a lot cheaper than a taxi. I took a taxi from a suburb closer to the airport than Coogee to the international terminal recently, and the fare was $40.

Easternsuburbsshuttle.com

Edited: 27 April 2012, 01:17
Sydney
Level Contributor
120 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

Coogee is dripping with cafes, many moderately priced. You could also shop in the local supermarket and fruit shop, and do your own....in Coogee Bay Rd, a block up from the beach on the right as you face up the hill. Much nicer to walk up to the cliffs at either end and eat outdoors with your own food than sit In a crowded cafe with the fumes of traffic wafting in.

If you do want cafe food, Barzura at the south end of the beach is more fume free than most.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sydney Airport to Coogee Beach--Transportation

7pm in a cold winter night + 2 kids + a few luggages + 2 bus transfer (incl average waiting time for a bus at night is about 15-30 mins) + adult bus tickets x 4 ($12) You save... $30 max?

It's not worth it.